playMaker

Author Topic: LeanTween Actions for PlayMaker  (Read 20796 times)

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
LeanTween Actions for PlayMaker
« on: July 15, 2014, 01:15:07 AM »
Hi folks,

I've made a pack of actions to use LeanTween in PlayMaker. Check it out.

These Scripts bridges Asset Playmaker and LeanTween, so it requires these two package to function.

Included Actions are :

LeanTweenAlpha
LeanTweenAlphaVertex
LeanTweenCancel
LeanTweenIsTweening
LeanTweenMove
LeanTweenMoveAlongPath
LeanTweenMoveAlongWaypoints (A modified versionf of prev action to use gameobjects as path nodes)
LeanTweenMoveLocal
LeanTweenMoveLocalAlongPath
LeanTweenMoveSpline
LeanTweenMoveSplineLocal
LeanTweenMoveX/Y/Z
LeanTweenPause
LeanTweenResume
LeanTweenRotate
LeanTweenRotateAround
LeanTweenRotateLocal
LeanTweenRotateX/Y/Z
LeanTweenScale
LeanTweenScaleX/Y/Z
LeanTweenValue

Link to Asset Store Package
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:23:09 AM by Flying Robot »

jess84

Re: LeanTween Actions for PlayMaker
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 05:20:46 AM »
URL doesn't work.

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 05:23:32 AM »
Thanks, corrected.

jess84

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2014, 05:37:13 AM »
Also, does the fact that you're selling these actions preclude anyone else from releasing LeanTween actions?  I'm not trying to begrudge you earning a living, and I have personally bought a lot of Unity addons,  but I'm not entirely comfortable with packages that are purely Playmaker actions -  it seems to go against the whole ethos and point of PlayMaker and playmaker support. One of the main attractions of playmaker is action support for a wide variety of addons, but if that's replaced by all authors stopping that and releasing paid for actions, then that will make it unviable.

I'm sure these actions will be marked as Done in trello now, and it'll get marked off the list, so now the only choice for getting LeanTween working in playmaker is to pay $15. There are other tween solutions needed, and requested on here, will those now be placed outside of most user's reach by someone coming along and making those as paid-for actions?

Just to reiterate, I have no issue with paid for addons or kits, but purely playmaker actions, I think this is going to start a slippery slope of reducing the usefulness and the openness of playmaker and the playmaker community.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:38:54 AM by jess84 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2014, 06:06:13 AM »
Hi,

I think it's actually very good that you can find custom actions for PlayMaker as paid assets on the asset store. Just like anything else, it's a tool, and if it is useful as a tool then it has a value to your project. There is indeed a lot of work being writing custom actions, even if it seems not to be the case. Custom actions have the right to be charged for ( and $15 is indeed very affordable). Fair enough paid custom actions for Unity's own feature "could" be seen as pushing, even tho again nothing wrong with someone coming up with a fantastic set of custom action for Mecanim or the soon to come 2d GUI, etc etc.

I am actually very thankful that a lot of members are releasing more and more custom actions. It's really great to see this becoming the norm, and I really hope they sell well for the paid ones.

The current problem the wiki is facing is time allocation ( read money) to maintain the vast volume of "free" custom actions. With Paid custom actions, you can expect a different level of support, which makes sense and will be profitable both for the author and the developer using these custom actions.

You have indeed the choice not to pay the $15 and learn how to script. Custom Actions are totally open, they don't require advanced scripting knowledge, and we are here to help you get along with this. So if you decide, even as a pure artist, to dive into creating your custom actions, don't hesitate to search on the forum for existing tips, as well as ( the best way) study existing actions, and copy paste...

Last point, and a very important one. There is no rules nor expectations to have that once someone created a custom action, you can't do your own version, improve it or use it as a base to do another similar action ( provide you comply with any license that can be applied to that script). Fair enough, you can't simply copy paste as is and resell it, but if someone has some ideas on a different take for leanTween actions, it's perfectly acceptable to release them, sell them, and advertize for it ( don't high jack threads tho) on the playMaker forum. It's already the case with many assets ( in app purchases, ngui comes to mind), and that's very good, it gives people the choice.

Bye,

Jean

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 06:09:40 AM »
Thank you Jean,

All I have to say is, my action package is not the first Commercial PlayMaker action package. It didn't appear to me how my little contribution to the huge ever growing Trello list is going to hurt the feeling of the community. On the contrary, developers should be encouraged to take on the list and contribute as and when they can. Unity Asset Store is growing at an exponential speed. And PlayMaker custom actions sits right between the usability of many of those assets in PlayMaker. It's too much to ask for PlayMaker custom actions for every package out there from the PlayMaker Developers for free. They should focus on the core PlayMaker Development and it's usability at the basic level. We all know, they are doing more than that. But, is it logical to expect from them to support every package that's out there?

If not. Then there are only two options to use these packages, either the original developer of those packages have to release Playmaker actions for them (many does) or in some cases if they are not interested in doing so, third party developers like me have to step in and make actions for them.

Now, comes the price factor. I believe the third party developers will have less interest if they have to do it for free. Actually, if they make little money out of it, we will see the gaps in this segment to fill up rapidly. And that can be beneficial to any PlayMaker developer.

mweyna

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 05:24:37 PM »
As someone who has used both your help for my project, paid and otherwise, I'm thrilled to see more custom actions created for Playmaker. For a non-technical person such as myself, it's really the only viable path to get ideas out of your brain to me.

That being said, without knowing the economics of Hutong, I still say we need more Jean's on the payroll keeping some things current for latest versions (Looking at you A star). Personal authors are by nature easily distracted with other life stuff.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 01:37:24 AM »
Hi,

yep, I can't keep up anymore with everything. We are trying to push for individual asset store publishers to maintain their port to PlayMaker and a lot of them are, but for Unity's own set of features it becomes tricky, it's simply overwhelming, and so it's important thag individuals starts sharing or prodiving thier own sets of Playmaker actions.

To be transparent on my daily work, I spend 100% of my working hours on projects that are using PlayMaker, so my time is already pretty much totally allocated to PlayMaker... I could spend more time just making ports, but it's also important that I apply the work I am doing, and so it sometimes means getting things done within projects, not just theoritically on the wiki. So these waves of contributions are really driven by proper projects development. And unfortunalty pathfinding isn't part of projects I am involved, so it's tricky to get this a proper update, especially when so many alternatives solutions are available, typically Apex, where the authors are keend on working together to provide PlayMaker support and all.

Bye,

Jean

4ppleseed

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 05:07:51 AM »
I have LeanTween and the Playmaker actions. How do I replicate iTween's MoveBy action? As in, move by 1 unit every 1 second? I've tried a load of the LeanTween move actions and they all jump my sprite to the location. How do I smootly move it along the screen at a specified speed??

Thanks.

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 08:08:11 AM »
Well, I've tried to tell you what to do to implement the moveby using LeanTween in this thread

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=3260.30

But, you never replied back, so I thought you got it working.

Anyway, as LeanTween doesn't natively have that method, I made a itween moveby like action using Leantween move and an extra line of code.

Just PM'd you the action, please let me know if you got it working now.

4ppleseed

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 09:06:38 AM »
Well, I've tried to tell you what to do to implement the moveby using LeanTween in this thread

http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=3260.30

But, you never replied back, so I thought you got it working.

Yeah I totally missed that  ;D

Thanks for the action, I'll test it out this week.

moondust.games

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 07:58:57 PM »
I just bought your action package.

Have a couple of problems already and hope you can help

I'm doing a Lean Tween move X to a position off screen to get a smooth left and right movement. But I want the tween to stop on collision or if the button is no longer tapped.

Firstly all collisions are being ignore using Lean Tween - any idea why?

Secondly - when the touch is ended I move to state and apply the remove tween (by ID) action of yours - but nothing happens. The tween continues! I have ID 1 in both the tween and the remove tween.

Look forward to you reply.

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 11:39:24 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for buying the package.

Collisions:
Well, Leantween or any tweening framework doesn't considers collision.

RemoveTween:
I quickly checked and found the Author has changed the purpose of RemoveTween, he now advises to used Cancel Tween instead. I've made a quick action and PMd you. Please check and let me know.

4ppleseed

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2015, 07:38:28 AM »
Hi Flying Robot, LeanTween has been updated and now has a Camera Shake. Can we have a PM actions for it please?

Flying Robot

• Od ton yebo redro
    • Flying Robot Studios
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2015, 08:35:18 AM »
I just looked into the package. Nothing major has happened except the author has done quite a few new examples.

For example the camera shake is not a new method, its made using rotateAroundLocal (which rotates the camera around an axis) and using shake as ease type. Interestingly the author has also used another value tween on the degree of shaking to fadeout the shake.

Try it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:11:59 AM by Flying Robot »