playMaker

Author Topic: A Sharing FSM thread?  (Read 16978 times)

Red

Re: A Sharing FSM thread?
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2012, 08:38:15 PM »
Thanks Red, will definitely look at this. Btw this thread should definitely be a sticky :) It can become very handy. I plan to offer up some templates/packages as well once I become more proficient with PM.

~t

... or a "template" sub-forum... we have an action sharing sub-forum and a game promotion sub-forum... why not a template sub-forum? (*hint, hint*) ;)

KozTheBoss

• You dont fail unless you give up trying to succeed
    • Pixel Life - portfolio
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 01:14:26 PM »
Hello all :) I'm totally new to playmaker and just stumbled upon this thread and saw the prefabs that red posted a good while ago. I got so happy as the prefabs he posted are exactly what i can't  make work myself, but then again got saddened seeing that the links are dead =( Please mr. Red, is there any way you can re-upload some of the prefabs? specifically the shooting one and the weapons handler one that lets you swap between up to 6 weapons? :) lotsa love! <3
Remember, you don't fail unless you give up trying to succeed!

kiriri

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 01:19:26 PM »

... or a "template" sub-forum... we have an action sharing sub-forum and a game promotion sub-forum... why not a template sub-forum? (*hint, hint*) ;)

Is it legal to post this now already ? (*hint, hint* :D) {a bit late, I know}
Now seriously, + 1 for the subforum :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 01:21:37 PM by kiriri »
Best,
Sven

Red

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2013, 08:48:17 AM »
Hello all :) I'm totally new to playmaker and just stumbled upon this thread and saw the prefabs that red posted a good while ago. I got so happy as the prefabs he posted are exactly what i can't  make work myself, but then again got saddened seeing that the links are dead =( Please mr. Red, is there any way you can re-upload some of the prefabs? specifically the shooting one and the weapons handler one that lets you swap between up to 6 weapons? :) lotsa love! <3

Unfortunately, the webhosting system i was using decided to tag the non-traditional website files as viruses... It's a pain but i do understand their reasoning (and it was a free hosting site so i can't really complain, that whole "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" kinda thing.)

I am hoping to raise the funds to get an actual website but that will take a bit of time. once that happens, however, i'm planning on hosting files there.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 09:00:44 AM by Red »

MadToLive

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2013, 02:17:20 PM »
A note system i created in Playmaker. So you can pick up pages and look at them to read them sort of like Penumbra or most FPS games where you look at pages or journal entries you find laying around. Currently all you have to do is add this FSM to your note objects and make sure the raycastings are set to your players camera and in the FSM itself add a Draw Texture Action to the Display Note area of the FSM, select the texture that represents your note and it will display it on the screen when you press the E key while looking at a the note object from within a certain distance..

Need some help though to make it so it can use GUI skin/styles though for better control. But for now it works just not exactly how i want it yet.

Download for the FSM i exported from unity here http://www.filefactory.com/file/75fr1zc7iigz/n/Notesystem_unitypackage
« Last Edit: July 21, 2013, 02:24:11 PM by MadToLive »