playMaker

Author Topic: SmartLocalization Addon  (Read 7557 times)

LudlowFx

SmartLocalization Addon
« on: August 19, 2014, 08:18:21 AM »
SmartLocalization Addon
Last Update : 20 March 2015

This extension to PlayMaker will provide you with new actions to communicate with localization data of SmartLocalization.

So, you can use within your FSM to establish easily a project in different languages and this, intuitively.

Version 1.1.6
Unity 4.6 or higher and Unity 5 / PlayMaker 1.7.8 / SmartLocalization 2.1005

GitHub Repository

WebPlayer Demonstration

Documentation

Already available Actions

ChangeLanguage
GetCodeLoadedLanguage
GetNumberOfSupportedLanguages
GetSystemCodeLanguage
LocalizationAudioClip
LocalizationGameObject
LocalizationText
LocalizationTexture

Release Notes
Code: [Select]
Version 1.1.6 (18 March 2015)
-----------------------------

- Rewriting action "ChangeLanguage"
   - Add Documentation in package (pdf)

Version 1.0.1 (06 March 2015)
-----------------------------

- Compatible Unity 5
   - Rewrote all scripts
   - Add new Action : "LocalizationGameObject"
   - Add new Action : "LocalizationAudioClip"

I have many ideas for improvement, new Actions that would be very useful, but that takes time (We are not all programming geniuses ^^).

This addon will continue to evolve further and further over time. At the base, it was expected that for my own person, but as to benefit the people as possible.

A package version will be published on the asset store (if my package is accepted by the auditors of course). The GitHub will always be maintained and upgraded next.

Hoping that this little addon will please a lot of people. Feel free to give your ideas to improve and corrections)

Best Regards
LudlowFx
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 01:09:24 AM by LudlowFx »

LudlowFx

Re: [WIP] SmartLocalization Bridge
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 06:21:01 PM »
On the advice of Niklas Borglund (the creator of SmartLocalization), the files relating to the integration of SmartLocalization in PlayMaker are now on Github.

I had never used GitHub before, it's pretty funny (I'm lost sometimes)

https://github.com/LudlowFx/PlayMaker_SmartLocalization

If you have comments or tips to improve the code, tell me :)

PS : I have a little question !

In each of the shares available, I have to invoke the NameSpace "using SmartLocalization," and retrieve the instance.

This will not consume too much resources ? I confess to not being sure if it is the best method to integrate perfectly in PlayMaker.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:23:54 PM by LudlowFx »

MS80

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 04:50:21 PM »
Thanks LudlowFx!
Just the stuff I was searching for... SmartLocalization already worked in my project, now it fits just better with your playmaker actions  ;)

It seems this asset is disappearing around here... Hey guys, do not miss "SmartLocalization", its a FEE high quality asset !!! (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/7543)

To make your package complete you could add actions for:
- GameObject
- Audio

Maybe this package should be listed under "Add-Ons"!?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 05:02:47 PM by MS80 »

LudlowFx

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 04:30:39 PM »
Hi MS80,

Sorry for my late reply. I have very little time to work with Unity3D lately.

So, yes, I thought to add gameobject, Audio and other actions. Say I especially look forward to the final release of Unity3D 4.6.

And of course that of PlayMaker also to be able SmartLocalization seamlessly integrate with the new UI ;)

Between all that, plus my video game project and the rest of life, my time is very short lately ^^ But I will update this as soon as the next improvements !

Thank you for your message =)

LudlowFx

Re: SmartLocalization Addon
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 10:26:08 PM »
Hi all,

I'm a little up the subject to report an update. The first message has been completely updated !!!

I started again from scratch (or so) for the best fit in Unity 5 and the latest version of PlayMaker and SmartLocalization.

As requested MS80, actions for GameObjects and Audio Clips have been added. And many other actions will arrive at some future time.

Feel free to share your thoughts.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2015, 03:00:14 AM »
Hi,

Very good. I have added a link in the wiki add on page. You should distribute this on the asset store, it seems really solid, and the actions are nicely done and fully documented.

Bye,

Jean

LudlowFx

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2015, 05:04:00 AM »
Hi,

Very good. I have added a link in the wiki add on page. You should distribute this on the asset store, it seems really solid, and the actions are nicely done and fully documented.

Bye,

Jean

Salut,

Thank you for this message, it makes me really happy ^^

Speaking of AssetStore, this is already an hour I started to create the "Package" on my Publisher account. Images to create and the data to fill ...

After it only remains to me to create the package with scripts and send a request for validation ^^

However, I really doubt on what category Select. For now, I simply chose "Scripting" I hope it will go.

I am currently downloading Unity4.6. SmartLocalization not working prior to this version of the editor.

Thank you for adding to the Wiki, I would know if I was accepted on AssetStore to provide you the link;)

Edit :

That is fact. The addon has been sent to the asset store. There is wait ... and wait to see if it will be accepted.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2015, 08:11:34 AM by LudlowFx »

LudlowFx

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2015, 04:13:27 PM »
Plop',

After a refusal (absent Documentation ...) and a second week of waiting Add-on was finally agreed on asset store.

I tried again from the asset store and everything seems to work properly. Hoping that future updates will pose no worries with the add-on ^^

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/31829

MS80

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 12:15:59 PM »
Good job and thanks for sharing LudlowFx!
Downloaded from assetstore, tested, worked without any issues!
=> you got 5 stars ;)

jamdalu

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2015, 05:34:13 PM »
Thanks for the package!  Very useful and works great A++++++++  Please continue development.