playMaker

Author Topic: ArrayMaker is now available [April 2021]  (Read 176955 times)

TheBadFeeling

• Junior Playmaker
Re: ArrayMaker is now available [JUNE 2013 NEW VERSION]
« Reply #135 on: February 01, 2014, 07:35:23 AM »
At first, let me say that I really appreciate the work you put into making PlayMaker more versatile.  8)

But -- I really wish someone could hack together a simple (video?) tutorial showing the absolute basics of how to use arrayMaker. I am simply too n00bish to comprehend the "help-text" for each action -- and I can't quite understand how the samples do what they do.

Like a step-by-step, showing how to
  • Create a list
  • Check if list contains
  • Get item at pos [number] in list
  • Add item to list
  • Change item at pos [number] to something else
  • Delete item at pos
  • ... and such.

As it is, I've actually had to write my own array read-write scripts myself instead and called them from PlayMaker events because I couldn't make head nor tail of how to use with the ArrayMaker actions. I think that should be an indicator for the fact that a tutorial is ... interesting.  ;D

And yes, I agree with parallel that the official guy would be awesome -- but really, I'd be happy for, like, anything.  ::)

Please help us n00bs use ArrayMaker too.

Thanks again.
/Bad
« Last Edit: February 01, 2014, 07:37:50 AM by TheBadFeeling »
The Force is with you, young Playmaker – but you are not a C# senpai yet.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2014, 04:08:27 AM »
Hi,

This kind of usage is very simple actually. I'll work on very simple scenes to add to the samples for you to understand better.

bye,

Jean

wickedw

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2014, 02:36:18 PM »
Hi,

Just a quick note to say thanks for providing ArrayMaker, just using it for a "PlayMaker made only" level in my Game! and without it would have been forced into code :) (forcing myself to not stray into code for training / experimentation)!

Thanks again
Matt

Alatriste

« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2014, 07:10:37 AM »
Thank you very much for this. I just found it and I cannot wait to start playing with it!  :D

bkups2003

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #139 on: April 01, 2014, 12:36:04 AM »
Hello,

I'm using 2 gameobject arrays to move things around on a grid and am having a small problem. There are 50 items in each array, the index is their location on the grid. I iterate through the first array and set them to the new index(which refers to their location) on the second array. The reason i use 2 arrays is so i will not iterate through things that have already moved and have a higher index that has yet to be iterated through.

The problem i'm having is this:

I clear the first array and copy over the second array then clear that too. After clearing, the second array has no "prefilled data" and so i can't set things to those index's anymore. All index's are out of range. Is there a way to just make everything null, or empty?

I'm really hoping i don't have to do 50 iterations of "add to array", with gameobject set to "none". Or have another array that is completely empty but prefilled that i have to copy to the second array each time.

Thanks,
bkups.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #140 on: April 01, 2014, 08:12:37 AM »
Hi,

Use the action attached, I will push a new version soon of ArrayMaker package, it will be in there as well.

bye,

Jean

bkups2003

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2014, 03:47:09 AM »
Thanks Jean. You double the value of Playmaker.  :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #142 on: April 07, 2014, 06:39:13 AM »

Bye,

Jean

PaulH

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2014, 06:59:38 AM »
hi Jean,

Im trying to get my head arround ArrayMaker, i can see how powerful it is but i wish there were a tutorial.

Anyway Im trying to create a game object at the position of all objects with a certain tag.

so for example i want a button to be pressed and all bombs, missiles etc with that tag will be destroyed (i have figured that part with destroyObjectsByTag) but then at that same position (using the tag) of all those objects i instantiate a puff of smoke (for example) as soon as they are destroyed.

so i guess the action would be createGameObjectsAtTagPosition ?

many thanks for any help you can offer with this.

and can i just say Jean, you have saved my backside on 'many' occasions from your past answers. playmaker wouldn't be anywhere near as good if it wasn't for you.

Paul.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #144 on: May 13, 2014, 07:42:57 AM »
Hi,

On your topic, you are taking the painful approach I would say. you need to hink more Object oriented.

give each of your object the ability to destroy itself and spawn a gameobject just before, and fire a global event "DO THIS" or something, that these gameobjects will receive and act upon.

Does that make sense? so you completly remove the need for complex list management and all.

IF these objects may have different tag, simply check for the object tag when receiving that global event and if it matches proceed, else don't do anything.

bye,

Jean

devos

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #145 on: May 21, 2014, 04:48:47 PM »
Hi I want to know how to do to print all the elements of an array by
example Guitex.text = (all array content together)

or enter into a String variable. plz help

jeanfabre

• Administrator
Re: ArrayMaker is now available [MAI 2014 NEW VERSION]
« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2014, 07:39:43 AM »
Hi,

For this, you should use the "string build" action, and use the "ArrayListGetNext" action to loop trhough all elements and build the string.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2014, 07:40:58 AM »
Hi,

new version if up on the wiki. Lots of new actions and fixes.

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W715

Bye,

Jean

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2014, 12:43:16 PM »
I am having issues with the "Array List Get Next" action. It errors in of your example scenes (eg. ObjectsPooling and Inventory)

It also errors when I try to use it in my own fsms. I get the following errors.

In Inventory sample scene - "The fsmVar value <System.Single> doesn't match the value <System.String>

In ObjectsPooling sample scene - "The fsmVar value <System.Single> doesn't match the value <UnityEngine.GameObject>

In my own scene (using Int variables) - "The fsmVar value <System.Single> doesn't match the value <System.Int32>

Thanks Jean!

EDIT: Fixed them by changing the "Type" field to the proper variable type.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 12:50:51 PM by Graham »
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

poopdecksweeper

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2014, 07:42:52 PM »
Hi Jean,

I need some help, I have 4 arrows that appear on-screen when the game-started button is hit. I can make all the arrows turn different directions (0,90,180,270 Degrees) and I have setup an invisible touch box for user input based on directions swiped. My big issue here is that on the first swipe if the direction swiped equals the direction of the arrow the answer is correct, but then AFTER that I want the user input to step forward and move on to the second arrow. Can I use array maker to do this?

I don't know how to make the user touch input jump from arrow 1 to arrow 2 to arrow 3 to arrow 4 (if the user's swipes are correct to the direction of the arrows). Hope this makes sense. If not, then I'll forward a photo to show the actions. Thanks!