playMaker

Author Topic: ArrayMaker is now available [April 2021]  (Read 180662 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: ArrayMaker is now available [MAI 2014 NEW VERSION]
« Reply #150 on: July 03, 2014, 01:07:28 AM »
Hi,

What you want to build is a sequencer.

Using ArrayMaker, you can define the sequence ( say the konami code). use an arrayList, and store strings like "Left","left","up","up", etc.

then when you start a sequence, keep track of the index in an fsm variable, and until the use hasn't produce the current step, you don't increment your index, so at index 0, you watch for the swipe left, as soon as you have a swipe left, you move to the next step by incrementing the index and getting the string at the index, so again left, etc etc.

Does that make sense?

bye,

Jean

gsmetzer

• Playmaker Newbie
Any way to get list re-ordering like this?
« Reply #151 on: July 03, 2014, 09:43:23 PM »
I found this great link.

https://bitbucket.org/rotorz/reorderable-list-editor-field-for-unity

Is there a way we can add functionality to re-order array lists?  This would be hugely useful while editing projects. 
 Arraymaker is great so far.  Thanks for your work to implement it into Playmaker!

gsmetzer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #152 on: July 04, 2014, 03:40:34 PM »
Or is there a way to pull a list based on GameObjects in the Hierarchy window?  That would be great too.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2014, 10:28:42 AM »
Hi,

I am not sure what you mean here. Can you elaborate?

Bye,

Jean

gsmetzer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #154 on: July 07, 2014, 02:01:14 PM »
In my project I have an array of vector positions for the camera.  I am able to use arrow keys so the camera can jump back and forth between the positions.  However, when I want to change the order of the list or insert a new vector I have to re-enter vectors into the rest of the list. Its tedious and time-consuming.
The solution would be to have a 'drag and drop' re-orderable list.  You can see this example in the link I posted. https://bitbucket.org/rotorz/reorderable-list-editor-field-for-unity  I wish I knew enough code to implement it.    After some research it seems that 4.5 has added new functionality for changing the order of lists.   
If you sold something like this on the asset store I would buy it too. 
Thanks Jean!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #155 on: July 10, 2014, 08:53:26 AM »
Hi,

Yes, I am aware of this. I don't have time currently to address this, but definitly in my radar.

Bye,

Jean

poopdecksweeper

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #156 on: August 05, 2014, 07:46:47 PM »
Hi there Jean,

I am finally responding to the post about the sequencer. I have been trying to mess with the sequencer on and off to no avail. I believe that I have too many variables and the water is a little bit too muddy for me to follow it all. I have multiple game objects that are dependent on one another. The biggest issue I have at the moment is that when one of the four arrows faces the same direction as any of the other four arrows, once the user has swiped a direction, any arrows facing the same way will register the swipe. I cannot differentiate the difference between the sequence. I need some help and this seems like the last link in the chain before it all goes smoothly. Any help would be a godsend. Thanks. And If you need to see the project to understand I would be more than happy to do so.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #157 on: August 06, 2014, 06:11:01 AM »
hi,

I don't understan your feature, can you explain a bit more in details what you are willing to achieve?

bye,

Jean

poopdecksweeper

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #158 on: August 07, 2014, 11:26:55 PM »
Of course! The game is an arrow game that has four arrows that show up once you hit start. The four arrows can face up, down, left, or right, and once the arrows have chosen their random directions it is up to the user to swipe in the proper directions. What I am trying to achieve is that once the arrows chose their random directions, if any arrows face the same way, then once the user swipes in the first arrow's direction any other arrows that face that same way will act in the same manner as the first arrow. So basically I cannot figure out how to use arraymaker to make a proper sequencer. I've attached photos of some of the fsm's that I have made for the sequencer.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: August 14, 2014, 08:33:49 AM »
Hi,

ok, can you bump me beginning of september? and I'll do a sequencer in ArrayMaker. I won't have much time now, between Unite and Pax.

Bye,

Jean

mweyna

« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2014, 03:22:41 AM »
Bump. Also, is there a way to send something to all objects within an array at the same time? I currently have the process where it goes to object 1, send command, object 2, etc. I'm looking for a way to have all objects get the same command at the same time. Any ideas?

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2014, 11:17:25 AM »
Is there an action to get the sum of all values in an array?
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #162 on: September 12, 2014, 01:12:51 AM »
HI,

added to trello, will procees that later this month.

https://trello.com/c/jPAktQDt/77-arraymaker-update

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #163 on: September 12, 2014, 01:13:53 AM »
@mWeyna

Allow me few more days :)

Bye,

Jean

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #164 on: September 12, 2014, 09:19:29 AM »
@jeanfabre

Did you use anything specific to format the "corncob_lowercase.txt" in the example scene? I tried using versions of this found online and also the upper case all caps version, but they don't work with arraymaker.

The only difference I can see is when you open them in notepad, your example version seems to have no spaces between words. I am just wondering how you got it to that point.

Thanks!
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!