playMaker

Author Topic: Triggering Custom Camera Movement  (Read 1878 times)

intrikit

• Defiant Child
Triggering Custom Camera Movement
« on: September 16, 2014, 03:41:18 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm working on some custom camera movement when entering a trigger. I have a set up that works perfectly for most of the levels. However, there are areas in which momentary custom controls are needed. An example of  this would be where the level drastically slopes down and the camera needs to go pan down before the player even moves.

The way the camera is set up currently is that it is dependent on where the player lands which sometimes causes the camera to fall behind when there is a drastic altitude change. So I want to use triggers in specific areas to tell the camera to move first and show the player the path before the player gets there. And when the player exits the area, it smoothly resets the camera back to its original position.

I've experimented with using Set Position but it's too rough. I'm just thinking of what could be the simplest way of solving this and your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Neoisrael

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Triggering Custom Camera Movement
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 09:02:54 AM »
hmm... try using trigger to get position and and intorpelate the camera position to the wanted point with Vectore3 intorpelate i think it should work

intrikit

• Defiant Child
Re: Triggering Custom Camera Movement
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 01:48:57 PM »
I will give that a shot. I've found something that also works. It was using a trigger to initiate a Move Towards. Throughout trying to solve this, I've also found that the proper positioning of these triggers are super important. And that keeping the way the camera behaves in mind when doing level design is also important.