playMaker

Author Topic: Illegal view ID error while using Photon offline mode[SOLVED]  (Read 8851 times)

MABManZ

• 1.2 Beta
    • MABManZ.com
Illegal view ID error while using Photon offline mode[SOLVED]
« on: September 16, 2014, 12:00:56 PM »
I'm getting an error whenever I attempt to run my game using the Photon offline mode.

Whenever I use the "Photon View RPC Broadcast FSM Event" action, I receive a error in the console.

I'm trying to set up my environment to use most of the same calls in both offline and online modes, and the game otherwise works fine after deploying even with the console error. It's impossible to test using the editor because the errors stop/pause the game constantly.

I do not get this error while in online mode, only in offline. I'm using the PUN+ package and Playmaker 1.7.7.f6 with Unity 4.6 (got the same error using 4.5 before upgrading)

Code: [Select]
Illegal view ID:0 method: rpc GO:Player1
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
NetworkingPeer:RPC(PhotonView, String, PhotonTargets, Object[]) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/NetworkingPeer.cs:2857)
PhotonNetwork:RPC(PhotonView, String, PhotonTargets, Object[]) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/PhotonNetwork.cs:2426)
PhotonView:RPC(String, PhotonTargets, Object[]) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/Extension/PhotonView.cs:288)
PlayMakerPhotonGameObjectProxy:PhotonRpcSendFsmEvent(PhotonTargets, String) (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/PlayMaker/Scripts/PlayMakerPhotonGameObjectProxy.cs:152)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.PhotonViewRpcBroadcastFsmEvent:DoREC() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/PlayMaker/Actions/PhotonViewRpcBroadcastFsmEvent.cs:98)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.PhotonViewRpcBroadcastFsmEvent:OnEnter() (at Assets/Photon Unity Networking/PlayMaker/Actions/PhotonViewRpcBroadcastFsmEvent.cs:46)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:ActivateActions(Int32)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:OnEnter()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:EnterState(FsmState)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:SwitchState(FsmState)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:UpdateStateChanges()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:DoTransition(FsmTransition, Boolean)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:ProcessEvent(FsmEvent, FsmEventData)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:SendEventToFsmOnGameObject(GameObject, String, FsmEvent)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Event(FsmEventTarget, FsmEvent)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.SendEvent:OnEnter() (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/SendEvent.cs:39)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:DoTransition(FsmTransition, Boolean)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:ProcessEvent(FsmEvent, FsmEventData)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:SendEventToFsmOnGameObject(GameObject, String, FsmEvent)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Event(FsmEventTarget, FsmEvent)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.SendEvent:OnEnter() (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/SendEvent.cs:39)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.DelayedEvent:Update()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:UpdateDelayedEvents()
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Update()
PlayMakerFSM:Update()
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 01:12:23 AM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Illegal view ID error while using Photon offline mode
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 07:24:53 AM »
Hi,

Can you look at this thread and see if the remarks and tips help solving this? else come back to this thread.

http://forum.exitgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3188

Bye,

Jean

MABManZ

• 1.2 Beta
    • MABManZ.com
Re: Illegal view ID error while using Photon offline mode
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 02:26:30 AM »
Thanks Jean, I figured out the problem. It was related to calling photon actions on objects that were not spawned using Photon Instantiate