playMaker

Author Topic: Trying to load samples in Unity 4.5.2f1[SOLVED]  (Read 2280 times)

Gorkadread

• Playmaker Newbie
Trying to load samples in Unity 4.5.2f1[SOLVED]
« on: September 23, 2014, 03:24:32 PM »
Hi!

Just bought PlayMaker and I'm pumped to get started. However, when I try running the Samples Scene and the Photon Demo from http://www.hutonggames.com/samples.php page I can't get them to work. The first projects scenes all have a missing script with the warning "The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing".
The second one, the Photon Demo that is, has a component called Scripts which claims to be missing the GameManager-script. The script is in the scene though, but it wont load, stating "The associated script can not be loaded. Please fix any compile errors and assign a valid script" below it. And when I run the scene I get "The referenced script on this Behaviour is missing".

I tried searching the forums for a similar issue but couldn't find one.
Anyone know what to do about this?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2014, 01:07:33 AM by jeanfabre »

Gorkadread

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Trying to load samples in Unity 4.5.2f1
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 11:48:47 AM »
Has noone had this problem as well? I'm at a loss here, I've payed for this allegedly awesome plugin but out of the box it won't work. Suggestions, ideas, anything?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 07:35:28 AM »
Sorry for the delayed response, I'll double check this now...

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 08:04:05 AM »
I just double checked the samples in 4.5.4f1 and they worked fine. I don't have 4.5.2f1 installed but I remember it being a bad release (I think it broke scripts in dlls!). Can you upgrade Unity to the latest version?

The Photon samples did have some warnings and I've asked Jean to look into those... from the look of the warnings I don't think they'll stop you working with the sample...

Gorkadread

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 09:11:26 AM »
Oh my, if so I've just given you the blame for something Unity did.

If so, I'm sorry!

I'll update Unity once I get home.

Update:
I'm at home and have updated Unity to 4.5.4f1 and now it works like a charm. Thank you so much!

« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 02:53:38 PM by Gorkadread »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2014, 01:07:22 AM »
Hi,

Good, tho I tested locally here with 4.5.2, and photon samples imports fine. I also try to put in the mix the PlayMaker sample and they play along fine too.

Bye,

Jean