playMaker

Author Topic: MissingMethodExceotion: Method not found: UnityEditor.Editor... [SOLVED]  (Read 5205 times)

kinetiknz

• Junior Playmaker
Hi there. I have just opened a scene I have been working on, after opening the PM editor or click on a state I get the error:

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.ObjectField'.
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionEditor.OnGUI (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmStateAction action, Boolean debugVariables, Boolean isPreview)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.StateInspector.DoActionsGUI (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.StateInspector.OnGUI ()
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.InspectorPanel.OnGUI (Rect area)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor.OnGUI ()
FsmEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs:67)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)

Whatever the error is, makes the actions list unusable and stops me being able to click on states???

Should I re-install?

I have Unity 3.4 Pro
PM 1.2.1 - or whatever the latest is.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 04:17:53 PM by alexchouls »

kinetiknz

• Junior Playmaker
I have re-installed, but get the same error.

Any help appreciated, so much time has been lost not being able to use PM at all.

Here are some pics of before and after the error happens.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:45:01 AM by kinetiknz »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

it looks to me you have modified a action script and have an error there. Playmaker will not function properly until all actions are error free. It could be related.

OR, you are using actions that reference to something that is not there anymore, it happened to me that after I modified a cutom action, it sometimes get completly lost because the references are corrupted.

Alo , try disabling the actions in that state, one after the other, or actually reset them.

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
Do other actions work correctly?
If you make a new state and add Set Random Material, does it work?
If it's only that one action, try removing it an re-adding it.

Also Unity did modify ObjectField in 3.4. Do you have 3.4, 3.4.1, or 3.4.2?

kinetiknz

• Junior Playmaker
I have Unity 3.3.04f

If I make a new FSM on an object and add a state, I can select it ok, and make an event linking to another. The actions palette is still unusable though.

As far as I know I haven't modified any actions, but shouldn't deleting and reinstalling PM replace any potentially modified ones anyway?

I'll try a blank project and see if it's project related.
* Just checked with a blank project and the same errors are present in a new Project.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:44:59 PM by kinetiknz »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
You need at least Unity 3.4 since ObjectField changed to allow showing scene objects in the asset browser.

Updating Unity should fix this.

Be sure to backup your project before updating Unity!!

kinetiknz

• Junior Playmaker
Thanks Alex, I'll update and let you know how it goes.

kinetiknz

• Junior Playmaker
Hi again Alex,

So, I have been checking my different systems to figure out why things are going wrong, and here is what I have:

> PC laptop32bit: Unity 3.4.0f5- PM 1.2 - Unity and PM work fine

> PC Workstation: Unity 3.4.0f5 - PM 1.2 - Same project from laptop doesn't work on Unity here, PM works fine

> OSX iMac: Unity 3.3 - PM 1.2 - Unity works fine, PM issues

It's a little puzzling, but I can't really complain as I have been using different versions during the project.

I'm updating all systems to 3.4.0f5 as this is the most stable working version I have so far.
Hope it works!

Thanks for your help, and I love using PM.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:30:53 PM by kinetiknz »