playMaker

Author Topic: Rewired (polling) Actions  (Read 37822 times)

LogLady

Re: Rewired (polling) Actions
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2015, 07:54:09 PM »
Guys, maybe (MAYBE) you should read the Rewired manual again. It is a bit confusing the first time you use but after some time you get to figure it and can configure easily the controllers. I'm using it for a two players game and it is working fine with the XBOX360 joypad and generic usb joypads flawlessly. I think I can help out but give more datails on what is not working for you both.

P.S. no, I'm not affiliatd in way way with Rewired but Iknow how it feels to look for some help and don't find it even after days looking for it...

inyourbus

• Playmaker Newbie
  • In Your Legends
    • In Your Legends
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 06:29:49 AM »
I emailed Guavaman who makes rewired yesterday to come to the conclusion that when working with keyboard and DS4 as player 0 and 1 respectively rewire always thinks that the Keyboard and the DS4 are player 0 unless you setup the DS4 as Player 0 and keyboard as player 1 or deselect auto assign on the DS4.

When I was testing with a keyboard and DS4 I was having issues because of this.

Using two DS4s I have no issues and it works just fine.

I have heard that official actions may be available sometime after June from Rewire but thats not guaranteed.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:53:26 PM by inyourbus »
One step at a time..

Guavaman

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2015, 03:04:05 PM »
...when working with keyboard and DS4 as player 0 and 1 respectively rewire always thinks that the Keyboard and the DS4 are player 0

Keyboard controls are determined entirely by the keyboard maps you create and assign to Players in the editor. If you created only one keyboard map and assigned it to Player 0, then yes, the keyboard controls will only apply to Player 0. But you can just as easily create 8 different keyboard maps for 8 players, assigning one to each, and have all 8 players using the keyboard. The keyboard is a shared controller and is never assigned to any particular Player. The only thing that determines which Players have keyboard input is the keyboard maps.

Joysticks are a different story. A joystick must first be assigned to a Player before it can be used by that Player. By default, Rewired is set to auto-assign joysticks. When a joystick is attached to the system, it will be assigned to the next available Player who doesn't have a joystick already (specifics of how this works is determined by the settings you choose on the Settings page.) So, using the default settings, if you have 1 joystick attached, that joystick is assigned to Player 0. The next joystick you attach is assigned to Player 1, and so on.

Your difficulty came from the fact that you were assuming having a Keyboard Map assigned to Player 0 would then make Rewired skip Player 0 when assigning joysticks and give the first joystick to Player 1 instead. This isn't the way it works. Keyboard Maps do not in any way affect the assignment of joysticks. Joysticks will still be assigned on attach based on which Players don't have one assigned yet.

Multiple joysticks work just fine with these Rewired actions. I tested them and there are no issues.

Guys, maybe (MAYBE) you should read the Rewired manual again.

Very good advice. You really do need to understand the system to get the most out of it. I spent a ton of time writing very thorough documentation, so please make use of it.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:11:52 PM by Guavaman »

inyourbus

• Playmaker Newbie
  • In Your Legends
    • In Your Legends
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2015, 03:52:03 PM »
Your difficulty came from the fact that you were assuming having a Keyboard Map assigned to Player 0 would then make Rewired skip Player 0 when assigning joysticks and give the first joystick to Player 1 instead. This isn't the way it works. Keyboard Maps do not in any way affect the assignment of joysticks. Joysticks will still be assigned on attach based on which Players don't have one assigned yet.
Yes.
Very good advice. You really do need to understand the system to get the most out of it. I spent a ton of time writing very thorough documentation, so please make use of it.
And yes...

:'(

Many thanks to Gauavman for Rewire and many thanks to davebac for making the first actions.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:55:07 PM by inyourbus »
One step at a time..

LogLady

« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2015, 06:25:06 PM »
It is nice to see you around here, Guavaman!

Guavaman

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2015, 07:20:47 PM »
Many thanks to Gauavman for Rewire and many thanks to davebac for making the first actions.

You're welcome and I hope it helps you make great games. I'm glad davebac took the time to make these actions. Thanks!

It is nice to see you around here, Guavaman!

Thanks LogLady! I've been recommending these actions to people who use Rewired until I can get around to making a (more) complete set. I'm glad to see they work for multiplayer without issue.

LogLady

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2015, 04:55:09 PM »
Would be great some actions for Vibration/Rumble.  ^^

Guavaman

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2015, 05:37:51 PM »
Would be great some actions for Vibration/Rumble.  ^^

Vibration requires accessing the controllers assigned to the Player directly, which isn't part of these existing actions.

I plan on working on PM actions once I'm finished with my current (and very time demanding) contract project and I finish the new drop-in control remapping screen I was working on last month. I'm estimating I can start working on official PM actions in mid June if all goes well. I can't do anything until then.

If you want to add the actions, here's how you access vibration:
http://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/HowTos.html#Vibration-XInput-Controllers
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 05:40:36 PM by Guavaman »

LogLady

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2015, 06:04:22 PM »
I hope you can finish this job soon. ^^

Sadly I have no idea how to make those actions...  :-[

devotid

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2015, 10:57:24 AM »
Just wanted to say THANK YOU for these actions and making my next few years much happier and stress free.  Being a Simulation (cars) developer, Standard "Unity Input" has had me pulling my hair out for years.

Again. Thanks for these.

inyourbus

• Playmaker Newbie
  • In Your Legends
    • In Your Legends
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2015, 11:02:09 AM »
Any news on official rewire actions?
One step at a time..

Guavaman

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2015, 01:55:44 PM »
They're next on my list of things to do. The Control Mapper addon took an extra long time to finish, and at present I have some contract work I must get done before I can get to PM actions.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 02:17:54 PM by Guavaman »

inyourbus

• Playmaker Newbie
  • In Your Legends
    • In Your Legends
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2015, 06:43:00 AM »
Thanks for the info, FYI link to control mapper is broke for me, you left the " " in the link.

Great work on the control mapper. looks superb.
One step at a time..

Guavaman

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2015, 02:17:19 PM »
Thanks for the info, FYI link to control mapper is broke for me, you left the " " in the link.

I do see the %20 in the link when I hover the mouse over it, but that is not there in the source of the post. Bug in the forum? I don't know. Here's the raw link:

http://guavaman.com/projects/rewired/docs/ControlMapper.html

Edit: Oh I see, the software doesn't want me to use quotes to surround the URL in the url tag.

twiggyash

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2015, 03:33:51 PM »
Hi guys, I'm trying to use the Playmaker Actions script 'RewiredGetAxis.cs' but I'm getting this error: Assets/Rewired/RewiredGetAxis.cs(21,13): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type `Rewired.Player' to `Player' .
Can you help me?

Thanks a lot!