playMaker

Author Topic: IOS publishing  (Read 12777 times)

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
Re: IOS publishing
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2012, 11:28:51 PM »
Well my geometry test went really well. i Pad2 graphic abilities are pretty good. Did not try any fancy shaders but i dont see much of a geometry limit. My stuff is mechanical industrial stuff so that is important to me.

And my method of checking for the Touch Event and then running the Get Touch Info in parallel with another Touch Event to catch the End of the Touch works perfect.

I will build a much more sophisticated Touch Event system to sort out all my different Hover Over, Select and manipulate actions i need but i have a rough plan so i think it will work.

Q

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2012, 12:54:52 AM »
Hi,

Well, I would recommend to isolate and minimize constant checks, so yes, trigger your function on touch, then start looping and updating each frame until the touch is finished or canceled. It will also be way easier for you to debug AND extends, improve, mess with.

Bye,

Jean

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2012, 11:16:50 PM »
Thanks Jean.. it seems to be working well.

Now it does not work very well using the Unity Remote like i had hoped it would but on the iPad it works perfect. I was hoping to utilize the Remote more but it is basically almost useless.. Oh well onward.

Q

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 12:06:10 AM »
Hi,

Well, I do use the remote a lot to verify layout, processes and general progression and then make a publish every hour or so to make sure nothing breaks badly and that it still performs well.

Bye,

Jean

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 04:04:57 PM »
Cool..

I found that the function of catching the Touch events did not work when using the Remote.. I thought something was wrong with my basic logic and then i had the idea to try it on the iPad and it worked just like it should have..

but yes i can see using it now and then.. I wish there was the option of sending higher res images at a lower refresh rate.. that would be handy for layout etc.. I mean if the refresh is not great anyway and the Quality is absolutely terrible.. way beyond useful i think.. Why not suffer a bit more refresh delay with better images?

Q

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 06:27:44 AM »
Hi,

you can actually turn the stream off so that you gain bandwidth for your touches, if unity remote doesn't have to deal with the actual image to show, touches tends to repsond better ( tho will never be like the real device unfortunatly).

Bye,

Jean

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 12:06:47 PM »
Hmm that is good to know.. I would love like said to be able to just update the image with better quality say once every few seconds maybe or every 10 seconds.. get better quality graphics and give you better bandwidth for the touches..

Thanks

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2012, 11:28:34 AM »
I was wondering if there was a way to force a program to start from the beginning on iOS using PlayMaker?

So that if someone goes out of the app and then back in it will start from the beginning. Or maybe a menu to ask if you want to start from the beginning?

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2012, 11:42:29 PM »
I made my first .ipa file for my project just now and it worked................ i am so pumped.... Only a part of my project but IT WORKED!!! i have something to send to clients for Wed conference call... YESSSS

Sorry but it is night here and everyone is asleep so i have no one to share with.

Ok back into Max for a totally different old world still images project that is due in 4 hours.

Q

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2012, 01:08:32 AM »
Congrats!

It does feel good when you first publish on ios yes :)

Bye,

Jean

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2012, 01:12:42 AM »
yesssss it does... especially when i really could not figure out how to do an Ad Hoc.. but found some good tutorials. For some reason my App does not have an icon in iTunes but it does on my iPad so i guess that is ok.

Onward almost sleeping time. Computers are churning out images.

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2012, 02:54:30 PM »
Would you believe that i just learned that Movie Texture does not work on iOS.... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I knew it was different but not that different. Going to be interesting.

Q

qholmes

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2012, 03:14:14 PM »
Hey just found Mobile Movie Texture on the Asset Store... Will look at it later in the week maybe... Might make life much easier.

Q