playMaker

Author Topic: WWW Audio update, url escape and Text to Speech :)  (Read 4147 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
WWW Audio update, url escape and Text to Speech :)
« on: March 30, 2015, 09:28:36 AM »
Hello Everyone,

Quite a lot in one title hey? :)

I have been working on a project where Text to Speech was needed, and so I bring it back to you guys :)

-- udpated actions on the Ecosystem for WWWPost, WWWPostMobile to get audio clips, including 3d, streaming and covering all audio format Unity can tackle ( more on this below).

-- new action WWWEscapeUrl to escape strings that you need to pass in urls ( to encode spaces for example)

-- and a "TextToSpeech" micro sample within the ecosystem as well covering these new custom actions and updates.

-- Sample uses google Unofficial public api to say things on their translation page:

http://translate.google.com/translate_tts?tl=en&q=Hello%20Guys

-- Sample only works when targeting Mobile, It works on IOS for sure, and 99% sure android ( not tested). It may works on Windows phone and BlackBerry too if you are lucky
   -- You can select language via code!
   -- Proper audio streaming! you don't wait until the whole audio is downloaded it speaks straight away, amazing :)

So to test this sample, make sure you'll be switching to IOS or Android platform, else it won't work. for some very very obscur reasons, Unity can't stream mp3 on desktop app?!? that's very odd...

Bye,

Jean

Maart

• Junior Playmaker
Re: WWW Audio update, url escape and Text to Speech :)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2019, 05:38:35 AM »
I want to stream a radio station from an url, but the audio variable that I use as a container for the download stays empty. I get no errors

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2019, 06:56:30 AM »
Hi,

streaming is not going to work as is, it needs some modification.

Can you bump me early next week, I'll implement it.

Bye,

Jean

Maart

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2019, 05:23:40 PM »
Bump :)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 03:12:22 AM »
Hi,

Turns out I can't find any working sample nor explicit doc on making it happen... it's really odd.

The only thing I would recommend is to use this: https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/audio/audiostream-65411

which does claim to support internet radio urls, so I would contact the author with the url you want to stream and ask him if that url works and then commit to purchase that solution.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/streaming-audio-with-unitywebrequest-from-server.681115/

Bye,

Jean