playMaker

Author Topic: window store and iOS questions  (Read 6049 times)

roach_779

• Playmaker Newbie
window store and iOS questions
« on: April 15, 2015, 08:33:44 PM »
Hi,

I plan to develop using a Window 8 touch screen laptop. My target is Window 8/10 tablets. I also plan to export all the asset into a Mac and develop an iOS version.

I'm new to Window 8, but very familiar with Window 7. My questions:

- Is Window store what I should be targeting if I want to develop Window tablet (I'm fine if they want to use laptop with touch screen ;)) that is all touch base? Is this called metro app?

- What do I need (license, apps) to develop on Window 8? If I just want to tinker, can I use other method without committing to a license until I get serious?

- Does Playmaker have a touch action that will work for Window 8? Are these touch action transferable to iOS? Or do I need an addon?

- Anything else should know when developing for both platform and maybe Android? 

- Any sites I should check to get more info?

Thanks in advance!

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: window store and iOS questions
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2015, 01:43:28 AM »
Hi,

Not sure about the other questions, but touch will work the same on IOS android and windows phone and store.

Bye,

Jean

roach_779

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 07:21:37 PM »
Thanks for the info. Yup, you're correct touch does work on all the platform. But I noticed only one finger touch. Is there Multifinger on Window 8 supported? With or without playmaker support.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 05:08:04 AM »
Hi,

I am pretty sure it is, otherwise it would be a very bad thing...

Bye,

Jean