playMaker

Author Topic: WebGL 3D Text Component[SOLVED]  (Read 3602 times)

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
WebGL 3D Text Component[SOLVED]
« on: May 01, 2015, 01:39:09 PM »
Can anyone tell me why using a "Get Component" or "Set Property" on a "Text Mesh" component causes a WebGL build to crash instantly?

This issue may not be limited to only this particular component, it is just the one I have found lately while trying to make my kits compatible with Unity 5 WebGL.

I'm using Playmaker v1.7.8.3 and Unity 5.0. I've attached a simple scene where you can see this behavior in action.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 03:31:12 AM by jeanfabre »
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!

cloud03

• Viva Playmaker!
    • Milkish Game Studios Blog
Re: WebGL 3D Text Component
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 08:26:06 AM »
Yes, I also encounter this, although it builds fine with me, but any action regarding set property are completely ignored, is there a way to solve this?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 07:05:51 AM »
Hi,

I would not use this 3d text anymore, it's deprecated, instead, use the new UI component.

I know for IOS you can use the link.xml, but on webgl, I don't know.

Check this thread, I created a linker wizard that gather reflection usage as you play the game and it generated the link.xml. Try this, it could work for webgl too, else I would refactor your game so that it doesn't use 3d text but the new UI system. You'll get the same effect, but it will be properly supported ( and you have all the custom actions you need on the wiki)

Bye,

Jean

Graham

• I Love Playmaker!
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2016, 10:00:21 AM »
Thank you Jean! I can confirm that this does indeed fix these issues in WebGL builds.
More templates on the Unity Asset Store!

Disclosure: We are using affiliate links to our assets; we may receive a commission for purchases made through them. This helps us to continue developing and maintaining great products!