playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker Animator connection?  (Read 2056 times)

PKlouman

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker Animator connection?
« on: June 10, 2015, 05:55:49 AM »
Hello friends!

I'm not reaching the parameter I created in the animator through the set animator float action.

It feels like it should be fairly simple; I've set up a few animations in the animator and made their transitions dependent on a float parameter. The transitions work when I set the parameter manually in the animator window.

After that, when I want to access the animator parameter in the playmaker editor through a "set animator float" action, the parameter I'm looking for simply does not show up.

Am I missing something here? I've been digging into this for some time now, and I'm not finding a solution. I saw that the sample scenes displaying this functionality are pending rework due to an issue with Unitys mechanim system, is my problem related to this perhaps?

Thanks for a great plugin and a great community!

All the best.

mdotstrange

• Can't code? Who cares! Make games anyway!
Re: Playmaker Animator connection?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 08:25:05 AM »
When you say it doesn't show up- do you mean that the field is blank? If so, thats how it works- so just type your parameter in that blank field and it will work  :)
Indie game dev and instructor at the Strange School. Learn Playmaker at the Strange School!

thatnzguy

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Playmaker Animator connection?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2015, 04:28:14 PM »
Yeah it doesn't pre-populate the animator action with the animator variables, you just have to enter the exact same string.