playMaker

Author Topic: In game ( Save Load Pause Resume Replay(with speed factor))  (Read 4170 times)

aliessmael

• Playmaker Newbie
In game ( Save Load Pause Resume Replay(with speed factor))
« on: February 07, 2012, 02:48:32 AM »
It will be amazing if play maker support it.

I did not deeply figure out how to do this.
but it is good to take care of this feature.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: In game ( Save Load Pause Resume Replay(with speed factor))
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 02:32:00 AM »
Hi,

of animations? of the gamePLay? could you clarify? maybe by giving a concrete example, I am sure I understand, and there might be already actions or design pattern to do just what you want.

Bye,

Jean

Mark_T

• 1.2 Beta
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 06:12:55 PM »
Easy Save 2 might be of help when will be available.
Not for everything, but it`ll help a bit. :)
Take a look here:
http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/91040-Easy-Save-Save-using-a-single-function!?p=782223&viewfull=1#post782223

aliessmael

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2012, 03:07:58 AM »
i mean for game play , the animation is part of it
what i am thinking for pause and resume , is to add to extra functions for FsmActionState which is
void pause() , void resume() , now if the action is playAnimation we implement inside these tow function how to pause and resume animation , for each action we implement its pause and resume.

for running with speed factor , i think by adding global speed factor member for PlayMaker, and inside Update of
FsmActionState->Update we control the speed of running , if it is PlayAnimation action we could control the speed of animation according to the global speed factor.

now for replay , i am thinking to save all events sended to All FSMs with its time.
to make replay we just load the scene, and send events in the proper time.

to make save we save the same events list. but in loading we could make replay with infinite speed.
so all changes will be done in one frame
of course i don't mean to do proper replay in one frame , if speed factor is infinite we directly apply the last result , like if the action is (go to) no need to make proper AI go to , we could set transform directly ( if speed factor in infinite).
or for proper load we can save extra information for each action which represent the last result. so in loading we can apply it directly.

i think the idea is doable and easy .