playMaker

Author Topic: My License Gone? [SOLVED]  (Read 4089 times)

MrPriest

• Playmaker Newbie
My License Gone? [SOLVED]
« on: July 19, 2015, 12:54:03 PM »
Hello all.
I've bought PlayMaker a while ago, and it seems to have disappeared from my asset list?
I have not used it much at all, but decided to try and get into it once again, as such, it might have been gone for a while.
Did it happen to anyone else?
While I am sure I've had it for less than a year, is it possible that the license is actually timed?
Please help me.
Thanks.

While writing an e-mail to Hutong Games, I've figured I should search for my order number, just to prove my version of things.
I've found it, and it seems like my asset was not bought from Asset Store but from you, is that possible (Payment went to "FastSpring")?
If so, is it possible that the asset won't appear on the asset store? How do I cause Unity to acknowledge the asset as legit? (Appear in the license list, as well as a downloadable asset).
Order number - HUT141022-5639-18180

If any of you has done the same, can you verify that the asset does not appear in your asset list? Did it ever?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 08:09:41 AM by MrPriest »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: My License Gone?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 06:11:12 AM »
Hi,

A license is forever, and so if you are indeed logged with the same account you purchased PlayMaker, it will be always there.

Make sure you restart Unity at least, maybe there is a glitch. Else, you should contact the asset store, it's unfortunatly nothing we can do.

Bye,

Jean

MrPriest

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 09:03:18 AM »
Thank you for your reply.
I think I've mentioned it in the e-mail, but I've even updated Unity to the most recent version, as well as restart it before and after I did so.

I did send an e-mail to Unity's Asset store, and I will be waiting for their reply.
If they require proof of purchase, does my order number suffice somehow, or will I be able to request from you to validate my claims? (As the order number came from you, I believe)

Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 09:05:47 AM »
Hi,

no, all information for the purchase is handled by the Asset Store system.

are you sure you did not purchased PlayMaker via the HutongGames website? cause you can buy it from the asset store or via hutong's own website.

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 11:25:39 AM »
The order number indicates you bought PlayMaker from the Hutong Games store.

Unfortunately there is no way to transfer the purchase to the Unity Asset Store (Unity doesn't support it).

I resent the download link for your order in case you lost it...

MrPriest

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2015, 08:09:22 AM »
I see.
I apologize for the problems I might have caused.
Thank you for the help!

As a side note - It is really weird that they do not support adding licenses from the developers of assets themselves, or a way of special purchases from the asset store using a code (you buy a one-time use code, and then get the app from the unity store using that code, so you basically still get the asset from Unity Asset Store)

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
Re: My License Gone? [SOLVED]
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 08:12:50 AM »
Unity only gives publishers a few vouchers to use so its not possible to buy elsewhere and redeem the voucher on the asset store. If it were, everyone would roll their own store, bypass Unity's fee, then issue Asset Store vouchers so their customers have the convenience.
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

MrPriest

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: My License Gone? [SOLVED]
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2015, 09:25:05 AM »
That is true, I agree.
But it is still quite non-user friendly to deny unity users (especially if you are a paying big-time dev, although I assume they would bend the rules for them...) from listing their assets.
I guess it also makes it easier not to give a pirate a license, but there are other ways.

As for this case, I was being completely stupid, I totally forgot I did not buy it from Unity store. Well, it HAS been almost a year... Still, my bad. Kudos to the team for helping me so quickly.