playMaker

Author Topic: Navmesh and playmaker  (Read 5479 times)

hellzer

• Playmaker Newbie
Navmesh and playmaker
« on: July 23, 2015, 12:56:31 PM »
Where can I find a tutorial for navmesh without programing,just with playmaker?All the tutorial on youtube required programing skill and i saw playmaker got there own action for navmesh.It would be nice to have some few example video or project.

Thx

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Navmesh and playmaker
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 04:35:56 AM »
Hi,
here you can find the actions or search for "PathFinding" on the EcoSystem

hellzer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 12:08:28 PM »
I have the action,but I just dont know how it work.So in ecosystem,I can find tutorial for how to use navmesh only with playmaker?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 12:24:37 PM »
Hi,
No, EcoSystem you can use to get custom actions and custom actions packages easy

for a tutorial you can try ask here

terri

• terrivellmann.tumblr.com
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 01:42:54 PM »
If you never used Navmesh I think you need to look at the Unity tutorials instead of looking at Playmaker, as the whole setup doesn't involve Playmaker at all and after that the actions are pretty straight forward.

Try these: https://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/navigation/navigation-overview?playlist=17105

hellzer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2015, 10:16:56 PM »
Thank you everyone,I already look the the unity navmesh and learn a little bit but the playmaker action are hard to understand.Im thinking about my project wich is a tower defence and I wonder of I should use navmesh or just my simple move foward.The point of that is, I want the enemie to find another road when there is a wall at any location.

terri

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 11:23:12 AM »
If you want pathfinding you definitely need to use Navmesh or something similar.

You could also have the move towards and have raycasts and hard turning but it's way easier to just figure out Navmesh or A*, specially for what you seem to need

hellzer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2015, 02:43:07 PM »
A* look nice but I was looking for something free like navmesh.wich playmaker made action that nobody know how to use it :(
When you bake the navmesh and after you enter the game and you create a cube,does the navmesh will ignore the cube or the cube well be transform as a wall?

terri

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2015, 03:46:07 PM »
If you want the Navmesh to be affected by an obstacle that wasn't baked you have to add a Nav Mesh Obstacle component to it, and set Carve to true.

That doesn't have anything to do with Playmaker though, I suggest you go through the link I posted earlier and try to understand how Navmesh works.

And like I said, the related actions are pretty straight forward, but Playmaker actions don't always exempt you from having to understand the tools you are using, which is what I think you're having trouble with.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:47:45 PM by terri »

hellzer

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2015, 12:42:56 AM »
Thank you for the carve info.I look at every tutorial from unity and It doesnt solve my problem at all,I want to have example by using playmaker,cause I dont understand how can I use these action.I try and it happen that my 'play animation' action doesnt work after the movement of the navmesh in playmaker.So now i think im at the point to just doing it without navmesh.

I try ecoSytem and there is nothing for pathfinding,but thanks for the addon.