playMaker

Author Topic: Actions for either Spline Editor or Super Splines  (Read 5682 times)

markinjapan

Actions for either Spline Editor or Super Splines
« on: February 23, 2012, 06:49:01 PM »
Hi,

I've been trying to make some flight patterns for a top down shooting game but I'm in need of some PlayMaker actions that I think would be really popular with users of either of these add-ons.

iTween is okay but the lack of fine tuning (control points, corner/smooth, etc) make it difficult to get precise shapes (like a perfect spiral or an 90 degree L-shape). It's possible some get some accurate shapes but only after a lot of fiddling about and a lot of points. The 2 spline editors mentioned above fix this but they are not yet supported in PlayMaker.

I've tried Spline Editor and it seems perfect for the job. I've been able to make some nice shapes as it has smooth/corner/bezier options and also being able to adjust the steps between points for smoother curves. Plus it's also cheap, about 5 euros. I've yet to try Super Splines but it's price suggests it's even better (http://www.super-splines.de/index.php?siteID=2), it certainly looks better and seems to have a few more features that I'm sure would be useful (like generating mesh at runtime).

If someone could make some actions for either of these add-ons then I think they would be much appreciated and make Playmaker even better (if that's possible!).

Thanks

Mark

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Actions for either Spline Editor or Super Splines
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 12:50:36 AM »
Hi,

I'd be very happy to have a look at this, but until the GDC, it's going to be difficult for me to find time. If someone else step in with some actions, great!

Bye,

Jean

markinjapan

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 10:11:04 AM »
Just giving this a little nudge ;)

I have spaceships lining up ready for their splines...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2012, 08:19:53 AM »
Hi,

:) I have hard deadlines until mid april now...  :-\  so reminds me again then ok?

Bye,

Jean

markinjapan

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 06:02:36 PM »
No problem, I've got a tonne of other ideas to play with for now :)

markinjapan

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2012, 09:10:24 PM »
Hi,

Are you free now? :)

I've been fiddling with Spline Editor http://u3d.as/content/dmitrii-prihodko/spline-editor/2Bv and basically what I need is to be able to create (or spawn using PoolManager) objects at a certain point on the spline (or even just the start node).

Or, if there is support for a different spline package I'd like to know about it (although Spline Editor seems quite lightweight).

Thanks

Mark

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2012, 01:25:41 AM »
Hi,

I have quite a few pending things to finish before. more vectrosity actions, release touch.inputs custom actions, work on rage pixels, then I'll be able to do some actions for spline editor or else.

bye,

Jean