playMaker

Author Topic: Jump and gliding in playmaker  (Read 1957 times)

coffeeANDsoda

Jump and gliding in playmaker
« on: October 30, 2015, 04:19:34 PM »
How does that work in playmaker. Like holding down space bar after the player jumps then glides while also pressing a directional button like A or D.

Thanks.

Prototype_6492

• Junior Playmaker
Re: Jump and gliding in playmaker
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 04:25:17 PM »
What I did for the glide, was when my character jumped in the air, if you pressed a certain button before he fell back down he'd open a glider. Then I just sent the glide even to add a little force every frame, until he eventually came downwards.

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 05:33:33 PM »
What I did for the glide, was when my character jumped in the air, if you pressed a certain button before he fell back down he'd open a glider. Then I just sent the glide even to add a little force every frame, until he eventually came downwards.

What about with the same button?

Prototype_6492

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 06:11:24 PM »
It should be able to work the same way, what I would do is simply before they hit the ground if they press the same button again, send it to a glide event. So a little something like this.

Get button down->In Air-> Get Button Down (Same one, before hitting ground)-> Glide-> Get Button Up(Release)-> Fall to ground.

coffeeANDsoda

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 06:51:50 PM »
Your method could work in a single FSM or another? If so, would that also rely on global events and transitions?

Either way, I'll try that method out, along with the type of movement I have set up like this playmaker tutorial. Since my character also relies on a cube that is a child for detecting the ground when the player lands. Then it's able to jump after it triggers detection.

Think it starts at around 8:00 or 8:50, I have a hard time remembering how to make FSMs with this type of 2d movement that requires 3d objects off the top of my head.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 06:56:00 PM by coffeeANDsoda »