playMaker

Author Topic: CANT BUILD GAME WHEN I INSTALL PLAYMAKER!  (Read 3869 times)

SPACE GAMER

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Portfolio
CANT BUILD GAME WHEN I INSTALL PLAYMAKER!
« on: November 22, 2015, 10:32:48 AM »
When I install playmaker into my project I cant build my game! I can build if I delete playmaker and before I install Playmaker. But the moment I install it and try to build (untouched new projects also), Unity starts to compile and makes a bling sound and nothing happens. I have tried removing python folder and still get the same results. My Unity version is not PRO and I'm thinking this is the problem.

Am I missing something?

Do I have to setup something to enable a standard build from unity after installing Playmaker?

Thanks a bunch to anyone who replies to this post.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: CANT BUILD GAME WHEN I INSTALL PLAYMAKER!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 11:24:00 AM »
Are there any errors in the console?

SPACE GAMER

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 11:50:50 AM »
Nothing, not one error but I still cant build.

SPACE GAMER

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 12:25:36 PM »
During Play Mode there are no errors. But after I try to build I get 37 yellow ERRORS and 2 red.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 12:34:53 PM »
Yeah, the 2 errors are causing the build to fail. Warnings generally don't prevent a build, but errors will.

From the warnings and errors it looks like you need to update to the latest version of Playmaker. This should fix the warnings and errors.

BACKUP your project before updating!

SPACE GAMER

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Portfolio
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 01:09:55 PM »
Ok, thanks a lot for that peace in mind. I'm testing a copy from a friend and I became addicted to the workflow. Now I cant live without it. So is it safe to keep building my game until I update my version?   
« Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 01:14:59 PM by SPACE GAMER »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 06:08:40 PM »
It should be fine. But it's always a good idea to test on the target platform often while developing (for performance, UI etc.)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 04:45:17 AM »
Hi,

yep, it's critical to always test at all stages of the development on the device. I had the experience last week. Two days of UI development, everything looked fine in Editor, really smooth and bug free. published to Android... nightmare, 3-5 Fps top... 2d masks for scroll views not working, buttons not reacting properly, etc etc... oups... nothing dramatic to fix, but it comes sometimes as a big surprise indeed :)

So, it's mandatory to test on device every major change in the project, and that can mean at least once a day to make sure the project is going in the right direction.

Bye,

Jean

SPACE GAMER

• Playmaker Newbie
    • Portfolio
Re: CANT BUILD GAME WHEN I INSTALL PLAYMAKER![SOLVED]
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 11:10:29 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys, I got deep into my project and tried to Build it as a test run and boom. I found out the hard way about borrowing. I don't have the full version yet but this is, to me anyway! a must have program for non programmers such as myself. Through PLAYMAKER I have learned a ton about programing. Before Playmaker I couldn't understand squat but now when I look at code I can at the least understand part of what I see. So I just cant function without it yet. 
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 05:13:59 PM by SPACE GAMER »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 06:20:50 AM »
Hi,

Yep, PlayMaker as this very welcome side effect that for non programmers, it creates a nice and easy bridge to dive into coding, first understanding the patterns and some basics, then being able to read a c# scripts and understand what it does, to finally, create very basic custom actions, and then ultimatly write pur c# components.

So, keep at it, mastering both PlayMaker and code will give you amazing power to realize your visions.

Bye,

Jean