playMaker

Author Topic: Error Loading Action with 1.8f40  (Read 6237 times)

devis.rossini

• Playmaker Newbie
Error Loading Action with 1.8f40
« on: January 11, 2016, 09:11:52 AM »
Hi,

we have just updated our version of Unity to 5.3 and we've updated PlayMaker to 1.8.

Now, every time we return to our MainMenu scene, we have many of these errors:

"Error Loading Action : ..."

and the error subjects are always different.

We've opened and re-saved every FSM in our project. How can we fix this errors?

devis.rossini

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Error Loading Action with 1.8f40
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2016, 09:21:16 AM »
I see that errors in editor, not only during runtime.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 06:29:30 PM »
Can you post one of the errors.
Is it a custom action? If so can you post that too...

I see that errors in editor, not only during runtime

Do you mean not at runtime, or both in the editor and at runtime?

Thanks,
Alex

devis.rossini

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2016, 03:19:03 AM »
The problem seems to be only in editor. The built version of the game doesn't crash.

The actions aren't custom, and the errors are related to many of them: SendEvent, for example.

Now I can't post the errors because in order to solve them I'm returned to PlayMaker 1.7.8.4. But it's a big problem, because we have Unity 5.3.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2016, 10:19:52 AM »
Using 1.7.8.4 is not a good idea with Unity 5.3. There are problems with keeping the FSM selected and losing edits. I would not recommend it!

I'd really like to be able to reproduce the problems you had with 1.8 since we're not getting other reports about this...

devis.rossini

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2016, 05:00:36 AM »
I know, but we really can't use the new version with this kind of problems.

Any hint about it? Are there some tests that we can make in order to investigate the issue?

devis.rossini

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2016, 06:21:22 AM »
I've tried to re-import PlayMaker 1.8 in order to reproduce the issue.

This is an example of the error. I have many of themes, randomly. Sometimes all works, sometimes not.

Error Loading Action: Play : HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.RectTransformSetAnchorRectPosition : normalized
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData.GetFsmBool (Int32 paramIndex) [0x0000d] in c:\Users\Alex\Documents\Unity\Playmaker\Projects\Playmaker.source.unity\Assets\PlayMaker\Classes\ActionData.cs:1519
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData.LoadActionField (System.Object obj, System.Reflection.FieldInfo field, Int32 paramIndex) [0x00105] in c:\Users\Alex\Documents\Unity\Playmaker\Projects\Playmaker.source.unity\Assets\PlayMaker\Classes\ActionData.cs:980
  at HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData.CreateAction (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state, Int32 actionIndex) [0x00207] in c:\Users\Alex\Documents\Unity\Playmaker\Projects\Playmaker.source.unity\Assets\PlayMaker\Classes\ActionData.cs:903
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData:CreateAction(FsmState, Int32) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/ActionData.cs:908)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData:LoadActions(FsmState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/ActionData.cs:741)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:LoadActions() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:116)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:InitData() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1242)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Init(MonoBehaviour) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1169)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:CreateSubFsm(FsmTemplateControl) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:972)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.RunTemplateFSM:OnEnter() (at Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/StateMachine/RunTemplateFSM.cs:58)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:ActivateActions(Int32) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:200)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:OnEnter() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:168)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:EnterState(FsmState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2155)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:SwitchState(FsmState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2113)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:UpdateStateChanges() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2041)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:UpdateState(FsmState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2171)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:Update() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1425)
PlayMakerFSM:Update() (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:431)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2016, 11:59:09 AM »
Hi,

uhm, I'll try to repro this, this action is a custom action I wrote, maybe I have done something wrong in it. Is it the only action having this issue, what if you delete the action, does Unity then compile without errors?

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 12:08:06 PM »
One other clue in the log is this line:
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.RunTemplateFSM

Do all the errors have RunTemplateFSM in the log?

There was a change to templates in 1.8.0 to fix a bug where all variables were shown as controls instead of just variables with the Inspector flag checked. It was backward compatible in our tests, but it might be worth checking in your project. Find a RunFSM action or another place where Template controls are exposed and make sure the variables you are using are in the Controls section. If not check Inspector on those variables to expose them.

devis.rossini

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 05:37:56 PM »
Yes, errors seems to be related to RunTemplateFSM, but I'm not able to solve.

I'm using templates for ui views animation, like in your iOS View/Controller example (from Ecosystem), but I can't see any problem with their inspector. Each template FSM is visible in Controls section.

devis.rossini

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 05:39:19 PM »
@Jean: no, that action isn't the only one that gives that error. Many actions raise it, it seems to be randomly. SendEvent, for example.

devis.rossini

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 05:45:00 PM »
Here another example of error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData.SaveActionField (System.Type fieldType, System.Object obj) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/ActionData.cs:2810)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData.SaveAction (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmStateAction action) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/ActionData.cs:2608)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData.SaveActions (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state, HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmStateAction[] actions) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/ActionData.cs:2579)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData.LoadActions (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/ActionData.cs:754)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.LoadActions () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:116)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.InitData () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1242)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Init (UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour component) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1169)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.CreateSubFsm (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmTemplateControl templateControl) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:972)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.RunTemplateFSM.OnEnter () (at C:/Users/Devis/Desktop/trueninja/trunk/UnityProject/TrueNinja/Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/StateMachine/RunTemplateFSM.cs:58)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.ActivateActions (Int32 startIndex) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:200)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.OnEnter () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:168)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.EnterState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2155)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.SwitchState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState toState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2113)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateStateChanges () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2041)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2171)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Update () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1425)
PlayMakerFSM.Update () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:431)

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 11:24:34 PM »
Each template FSM is visible in Controls section.

To be clear, you mean each variable used is visible in the Controls section?

Any chance you can share the project? E.g. upload somewhere and PM me a download link?

devis.rossini

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2016, 04:41:01 AM »
I'll try to describe our situation.

We have a GameObject named "View" with an FSM. This FSM inherit from a template named "UIView".

Inside this template, we have a variable of type FsmTemplate, named AnimationTemplate and a RunTemplateFSM action that targets it. The variable is associated to a template FSM named "UIViewAnimation".

That variable is exposed in inspector.

When we change scene, RunTemplateFSM is running.

If necessary, we could provide you an access to our SVN repository.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2016, 11:52:53 AM »
Thanks, that's useful info. The fact that it's a nested template might let me repro the problem here. If not I'll take you up on access to your project...