playMaker

Author Topic: Countup Timer  (Read 4336 times)

coxy17

• Beta Group
Countup Timer
« on: January 30, 2016, 12:59:36 PM »
Hi

Here is a Countup Timer action with the same settings as the 'countdown timer' by DjayDino.

I have used the 'Countdown Timer' by shared on the forum post and switched it so it counts up instead.
http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=8831.0

I'm not a developer and I have know idea who wants to upload it to the Ecosystem. I'm not taking any credit for it as I didn't write any code and have left the author details in. But this might come in for some other people.

Nick

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Countup Timer
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 10:23:51 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for your contribution, It's very easy and free to publish on the Ecosystem:

If you have a twitter account, mention it and I'll retweet.

It doesn't matter if you haven't not wrote it, you can put credits in the comments inside the script and still share it ( as long as the code is not extracted without consent from a paid asset or similat of course).

Bye,

Jean

coxy17

• Beta Group
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 11:22:37 AM »
Hi

I have followed your guide and kept the author in and just put it was modified by me. It was a script which existed on the Ecosystem and I just modified it. How do you pick this up your end from when I upload it to Snipt.net? I dont have twitter.

Nick

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 12:25:32 PM »
Hi,

Do you have a link to the snip your created?

once you have created a public snipt following the guidelines, the Ecosystem connects to snipt and searches for all eco content and returns matches.

Bye,

Jean

coxy17

• Beta Group
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 02:10:07 PM »
Yes here is the link to my Snipt
https://coxy17.snipt.net/countuptimer/

Can you check sometime to see if everything is ok with the comments section.

I've used this already and it loads into Playmaker and in mygame so it works fine :)

Nick

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2016, 06:26:31 AM »
Hi,

perfect. One more things. in order to make this action more discoverable, simply add keywords into the script as comments like:

// count counter up time

so that these words also get your action listed. people will unlikely type "countup"

so you have a twitter account?

Bye,

Jean

coxy17

• Beta Group
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2016, 10:16:15 AM »
hi

i have added in the extra tags

I do not have a twitter account. Is there another way of mentioning when I have a new Playmaker script for Ecosystem? or do I just upload and allow the Ecosystem to pull in the script from snipt.net ?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 01:56:34 AM »
Hi,

mentioning your new custom action to the community will definitly help people knowing about it, else it's totally fine without any advertising, as soon as you can see it in your ecosystem browser when searching, it's available to everyonewho'll search for the right keywords

Bye,

Jean