playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker with unity cloud build problem CS0246 [SOLVED]  (Read 9300 times)

replikant

• Playmaker Newbie
Playmaker with unity cloud build problem CS0246 [SOLVED]
« on: February 10, 2016, 03:46:27 AM »
hello

I am test the cloud build with a webplayer build output and received about 800 of these CS0246 error messages.

The build work from unity build, however it doesnt work on the unity cloud build.
all the files are on gitbucket. Assets folder, PlayMaker folder and setting folder.

there is a problem with playmaker, but not sure what to change. thanks

[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/StateMachine/GetHost.cs(10,32): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/Transform/MoveTowardsAdvanced.cs(18,44): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/uGui/EventSystem/GetLastPointerEventData.cs(12,47): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/uGui/uGuiButtonOnClickEvent.cs(10,47): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Utils/Event Properties/Actions/GetEventProperties.cs(12,43): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Utils/Event Properties/Actions/SetEventProperties.cs(14,43): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/ActivateGameObject.cs(9,43): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 08:10:01 PM by replikant »

replikant

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Playmaker with unity cloud build problem CS0246
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 06:07:21 PM »
still not working, I have been trying different settings, no luck yet.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 08:09:08 PM »
Generally if the first build error is:
The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

it means Unity is not finding the Playmaker dll for the platform it is building. All the other errors stem from that... Fixing the root problem should fix all the errors in one go.

Double check the cloud build setup (unity version, platform etc.) I remember seeing another thread about cloud builds and the solution turned out to be cloud build settings. Will see if I can find it...

replikant

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 09:25:41 PM »
the only settings I choose in the cloud build are, my unity version and the scene file name. I dont change anything else.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 11:13:35 PM »
Have you contacted cloud build support for help?
When I've had projects build locally and not in the cloud it normally turns out to be a bug or quirk in the cloud build system. Cloud build support has helped in those cases.

Also, if you haven't already, check that if you pull from the repo into a new project that it builds okay. In other words try to test what the cloud build is doing.

replikant

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2016, 01:18:42 AM »
no havent tried to contact them yet. but will do that now.

the projects builds ok locally. just the cloud build is not working. I need the cloud build for making the iOS, as I dont have a mac.

this is the start of the error message

Summary: 19 warnings, 868 errors:
No Library cache found - ALL assets will be re-imported.
[Unity] Initialize engine version: 5.2.1f1 (44735ea161b3)
[Unity] -----CompilerOutput:-stdout--exitcode: 1--compilationhadfailure: True--outfile: Temp/Assembly-CSharp.dll
[Unity] Compilation failed: 434 error(s), 0 warnings
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/Effects/PerlinNoise.cs(10,36): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/GameObject/CreateObjectAdvanced.cs(10,45): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/Input/MousePickEvent2.cs(10,40): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/Physics 2d/MousePick2d.cs(10,36): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/Physics/CollisionEvent2.cs(11,40): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/Physics/EnableCollider.cs(13,35): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/Physics/Raycast2.cs(10,33): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/Physics/TriggerEvent2.cs(11,38): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/StateMachine/GetHost.cs(10,32): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/Transform/MoveTowardsAdvanced.cs(18,44): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/uGui/EventSystem/GetLastPointerEventData.cs(12,47): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?
[Unity] Assets/PlayMaker Custom Actions/uGui/uGuiButtonOnClickEvent.cs(10,47): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FsmStateAction' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2016, 02:54:26 AM »
Have you checked meta files into the repository?
http://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/ExternalVersionControlSystemSupport.html

It's important to check out the repository locally and test that, not just the local project you commit from. Otherwise you could be in for a shock if you ever need to restore from the repo.

replikant

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2016, 03:34:50 AM »
the meta files were hidden, I made them visible and cloud build again, but still not working

how do I check the repository locally?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 04:10:56 AM by replikant »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2016, 01:03:26 PM »
Did you commit the meta files and push them to the repository?

how do I check the repository locally?

You should find a getting started tutorial for the version control software that you're using. Also get windows shell tools so you can perform version control operations in windows explorer (e.g., TortoiseGit lets you right click a folder and clone a repository  to pull all the files down to your computer).

replikant

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2016, 02:14:45 PM »
Just found out what the problem was. there is a txt file under the windows Documents folder called gitignore_global.txt. its a global ignore file, which ignored all the dll files. I had no idea that smargit had created that file.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2016, 02:30:31 PM »
Yeah, that would be a problem!