playMaker

Author Topic: connect to external database with playmaker  (Read 4230 times)

thehive

• Playmaker Newbie
connect to external database with playmaker
« on: May 12, 2016, 11:02:24 AM »
is there a way to connect to external database with playmaker Im building an app an would like it to sync to an external database to store an update data

dudebxl

Re: connect to external database with playmaker
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2016, 12:12:09 PM »
Yeah you can..

2 ways
(1) use WWW action (or WWW mobile if mobile) and POST and/or GET data to PHP then MySql

(2) You can connect directly from Unity to MySql but it is not recommended due to security - as the db queries + login/password will be in the app code (search on the net for scripts that will do that).

I use the first option and I have not had any issues..

ghudson

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 06:40:55 AM »
WWW action would work i believe. You could try it out and let me know since i'm starting a blog on video games.  A good content is the key to a successful blog. Blogs showcase your works and can be included in your resume too. One can also hire a professional resume writer that provides  resume writing service and reviews ,with reviews from many users that would help them decide which service to go for

Hakazaba

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 09:09:31 PM »
Could you please let us know how this went? Perhaps give some advice on the php side of things as well?

I'm planning to make heavy use of an online database for my game, and need some help figuring this out too. I've noticed that there are some threads about sqlitekit though those threads tend to be over four years old, and that doesn't seem supported anymore.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2016, 02:06:33 AM »
Hi,

yeah, the old DataMaker support for sqlite needs to be brought back to life. You can however ( if db can be on client) use SimpleSql, it has PlayMaker integration.

on the php side of things, it would be very easy, and you'll find plenty of tutorials to create a rest api to interface your game with a mysql db via php. I am using fatfree for my rest apis and this has been really ok to pick up and has examples on using db

Bye,

Jean

Bye,

Jean