playMaker

Author Topic: Error with Unity 5.3 and Playmaker version 1.8.1 [SOLVED]  (Read 10501 times)

MarkD

Error with Unity 5.3 and Playmaker version 1.8.1 [SOLVED]
« on: May 25, 2016, 01:22:34 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm getting the following error when I updated my project.

Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerEditorStartup.cs(22,30): error CS0117: `PlayMakerGlobals' does not contain a definition for `InitApplicationFlags'

I'm using Unity version 5.3.4f1 and I installed Playmaker "Unity5.3.PlayMaker.1.8.1.f10.unitypackage.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 12:44:48 PM by MarkD »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Error with Unity 5.3 and Playmaker version 1.8.1
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 01:55:15 AM »
Hi,

- Have you just imported the unityPackage, or have you gone through the wizard? it's a 2 step process.

1: you import the package

-------------
2-A: if Unity has no error, you'll be presented with a wizard viy the "Welcome Screen"

and then you click on "Install PlayMaker" which triggers the update checker, move that window away, after you careful read the instructions to understand how actions may be affected.

then you have

where you finally can install PlayMaker 1.8.1, it will launch a package imported and this time roun you'll finally have PlayMaker 1.8.1 installed.

---------------
2-B If your project had errors in the Unity console when you did step 1, then the Welcome screen will not be fired. You need to first fix all errors in your project, OR you can manually import PlayMaker 1.8.1 by importing the package located in your assets:

Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Install/Playmaker.18.1.unitypackage"

-------------

Let me know how this goes.

Another option is to simply delete the PlayMaker folder ( WARNING: check that you don't have templates and global variables, if you do you'll need to move them out of the PlayMaker folder first), and remove all PlayMaker.dll from the Plugins folder), and go through step 1 and 2B with manual import of the Playmaker.18.1.unitypackage.

Final note: ALWAYS backup before upgrading and verifying that the project is all good and running/publishing as expected.

Bye,

Jean

MarkD

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 11:58:38 AM »
Hey Jean,

I'm 2B in your description.  Here's my process:

1) Back up my project
2) Open up Unity (v5.3.4f1)
3) Import PlayMaker update (Unity5.3PlayMaker1.8.1.f10.unitpackage)
4) Import finished
5) Error given:  Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerEditorStartup.cs(22,30): error CS0117: `PlayMakerGlobals' does not contain a definition for `InitApplicationFlags'

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 03:05:15 PM »
Hi,

Have you imported then "Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Install/Playmaker.18.1.unitypackage"?

This would be the next step for you in your situation.

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 03:52:04 PM »
What version of Playmaker are you updating from?
There shouldn't be an error in step 5, I'd like to fix that...

EDIT: And, to double check, there were no errors in the console before the update?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 04:10:14 PM by Alex Chouls »

MarkD

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 11:35:43 AM »
Hi,

I am just double checking that you indeed manually imported the package located in you Project assets: "Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Install/Playmaker.18.1.unitypackage"

It's very important to confirm this, because when you import the package from the Asset store, you don't actually import PlayMaker, you import the "installer" of PlayMaker. Do you understand this as well?

I am sorry to put an emphasis on this, it's critical so that we can assist you :)

In all cases, if this is not getting anywhere, we can organize a skype or join.me meeting so that I can see exactly what's going on on your end.

Bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:30:45 PM by jeanfabre »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 03:32:03 PM »
oups... it seems I have editing your post instead of replying... that's what it is when you do late night support... let me try to fix this :)

[Edit] seems like there is no history unfortunatly. sorry... :) here what I have from the rss feed:

"
Jean - I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.  I've imported the lastest version of Playmaker which is why I'm posting here.  It's the import of this latest version that is giving me this error.  Maybe you mean a different import?
Alex - I'm imp...
"

Do you remember what you said to Alex?

Bye,

Jean
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:34:37 PM by jeanfabre »

MarkD

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 07:49:18 PM »
Haha - no worries.  Most of my best (worse?) mistakes are typically made after midnight.

I think I understand what you're saying.  I have Playmaker (V1.7.8.3) installed.  I downloaded the latest version of Playmaker. 

The file name for clarity is:    Unity5.3.PlayMaker.1.8.1.f10.unitypackage

After I downloaded it, I opened up Unity and then ran the file to manually import it.  I ran the import and when it finishes I get the following error:

Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerEditorStartup.cs(22,30): error CS0117: `PlayMakerGlobals' does not contain a definition for `InitApplicationFlags'

Alex asked me which version of Playmaker I was using, which is v1.7.8.3

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2016, 09:19:26 PM »
Again, to double check, since I can't see an answer in the thread, did the original project have errors in the console before importing the update?

If not:

Can you check if you have PLAYMAKER in your Player Settings > Scripting Define Symbols.

The only way I was able to reproduce an error in step 5 in a project that started with no errors was with a 1.7.x project that I added a PLAYMAKER define to. The PLAYMAKER define was added in 1.8.0.

If you have the PLAYMAKER define symbol, please delete it and let Unity recompile. If there are no other errors in the project the Welcome Window should appear.

EDIT: Added a screenshot of where to find the Scripting Define Symbols
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 09:28:00 PM by Alex Chouls »

MarkD

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2016, 10:29:21 PM »
There were no errors in the console prior to making the update.

Removing Playmaker from the Scripting Define Symbols removed the error I had so that's good! 

But unfortunately PlayMaker no longer seems to recognize actions from other programs.  For example, I'm using InventoryPro which has some PlayMaker actions included with it and even though I can see them in the project files, they're no longer visible in the action menu and they're showing as missing and throwing errors.

Any ideas on that?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2016, 10:45:39 PM »
Are there any other errors in the console?
Have you restarted Unity?

EDIT: BTW, did you add the PLAYMAKER define yourself? Had you previously installed 1.8.0 in the project? Or do you know if a third party add-on added it? Trying to figure out how widespread a problem it might be...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:49:41 PM by Alex Chouls »

MarkD

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2016, 11:00:36 PM »
No other errors other than the missing actions.
I've restarted Unity (several times) and nothing changes.

I didn't add the PLAYMAKER define myself, this is the first I've ever heard of this area. 

It may not be relevant, but it could be a result of InventoryPro.  I throw that out there since it's one of the major third party add-on I have and it looks like most, if not all, of the errors are all InventoryPro related.

Edit:  and to answer your other question I hadn't previously installed 1.8.0 in the project.

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2016, 11:08:31 PM »
Can you email me an example of a InventoryPro action that's not showing up.

EDIT: Or if it's not too big, and you can share, the whole project would be great.
Also, just to double check, you're looking in the Unity Console for errors, not just in Playmaker?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 11:11:12 PM by Alex Chouls »

MarkD

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 12:56:54 AM »
Hey Alex, I sent you a PM looking for more details on where to send files, but in the meantime I think I've learned some more useful information.

So I mentioned I have InventoryPro in my project.  Well, InventoryPro has a integration menu where PlayMaker is an option.  Well, after I followed your suggestion and pulled PLAYMAKER out of the define area, I looked in the InventoryPro menu and so that Playmaker integration was no longer checked.  So I checked it.

Doing that gave me the original error I got before AND it put PLAYMAKER back in the define area.

Does that help?

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 01:29:26 AM »
After you removed the PLAYMAKER define did you install 1.8.1 from the Welcome Screen? This would also re-add the PLAYMAKER define and, presumably, re-activate the InventoryPro actions.

I wanted you to remove the PLAYMAKER define to 1) confirm that was the source of the error 2) allow you to install Playmaker 1.8.1 from the Welcome Screen. It sounds like maybe you didn't get to 2)?

Anyway, it sounds like there's a conflict with InventoryPro's usage of a PLAYMAKER define. I'll update 1.8.1 to account for this.