playMaker

Author Topic: Couple of questions  (Read 3182 times)

sicga123

• Playmaker Newbie
Couple of questions
« on: March 29, 2012, 09:17:16 AM »
A scene with playmaker fSMs has stopped working. I was using templates from another scene in this one. It doesn't react to any mouse over or mouse button press. The FSMs reach the idle state but go no further.

My questions are 1) Is there a limit to the number of FSMs one can have in a scene?
2) Does an orthographic camera make a difference to ray casting and mouse over detection?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 10:09:26 AM »
Hi,

No limitation what so ever in terms fo fsm components in the scene or per gameObjects.

Raycasting and mouse detection, should not make any differences if the camera is in ortho .as far as I can tell at the top of my head.

what do you have in this idle state?

Bye,

Jean

sicga123

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 01:12:23 PM »
Hi Jean

The idle state is a simple Mouse Pick Event with the distance set at 50 (but I've changed it to 100 and 5 and 1000 etc.  The thing is that this is from an FSM virtually lifted from the examples and altered. This was then used for a similar scene and worked fine there. It still works in that scene but does not work in the new one.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 04:09:57 PM by sicga123 »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 04:36:05 PM »
Does the FSM appear to be intact (actions, variables, events)?
Are collisions setup the same way in the new scene?
Check "Debug" in the State tab and see what the Raycast is hitting...

sicga123

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 01:28:43 AM »
I think we can forget about this for the moment. I am using the windows 7 64 bit OS, and about  hour ago it told me that Unity is not operating correctly that there are compatibility issues on the X86 or some such nonsense. It would explain why templates working on one day are not working the next, plus a variety of other peculair goings on. Until I get to the bottom of this I can hardly lay the blame at  Playmaker's doorstep for the program failing to work correctly.

Sorry for all the bother.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 02:29:21 PM by sicga123 »