playMaker

Author Topic: get variable type of an fsm variable of name "x"  (Read 2123 times)

westingtyler

• My Video Game Projects Web Site
get variable type of an fsm variable of name "x"
« on: July 29, 2016, 02:01:49 AM »
I want an fsm to find another object with an fsm variable named "X", and then tell me what type of variable that is, so I can choose whether to set its value to a bool, a string, a float, a texture, etc.

many objects in the scene have fsm variables called "progression flag" but some are strings, and some are booleans. I need to check each fsm to discover the type for its unique "progression flag" variable.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: get variable type of an fsm variable of name "x"
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2016, 04:08:08 AM »
Hi,

Currently, it's not possible, but I am working on an introspection system that will give you an overview of everything in an xml format so that you can then apply filter and search for this kind of data.

If you are interested, I have an alpha version that is likely suitable to find out this information as I go over all fsm and list eery fsm variable, their name and their type, so with a simply Xml Xpath query we can find out what fsm/GameObjects/scenes have these variables.

But, this won't work at runtime, it's only an editor tool. Is that ok?

Bye,

Jean

westingtyler

• My Video Game Projects Web Site
Re: get variable type of an fsm variable of name "x"
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 12:37:20 AM »
hey, thanks. I'm such a noob, that I will wait for the final version, as I may have developed a solution that works as a workaround for now. thanks, though, and keep working hard!