playMaker

Author Topic: Playmaker deselects text field  (Read 2096 times)

jrDev

• Junior Playmaker
Playmaker deselects text field
« on: September 19, 2016, 01:06:24 AM »
Hello,

I am having an issue where Playmaker is kicking me out of text field and deselecting the state when I try to type something. Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
jrDev

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Playmaker deselects text field
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 04:38:18 AM »
Hi,

Yes. Make sure you get the latest PlayMaker ( 1.8.3 at the time of post) and check again.

the if you are editing a prefab and in instance if in the scene, open an empty scene and then edit the prefab, it usually fixes this issue.

the other issue if that you may have other non PlayMaker assets conflicting, it happened to other members. We can't do much about this then sadly, tell us which assets you have, we may be able to contact developers to see if we can resolve conflicts.

Bye,

Jean

jrDev

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 02:54:22 PM »
Hey,

So after some testing, I found that RTVoice CustomActionEditor for their Speak Action is causing the problem. I don't know if this is a general problem with the CustomActionEditor class though, you might want to look into that.

Edit: NVM, this wasn't it because I disabled the CustomActionEditor and it came back later. Found another window that has been calling Repaint().

Edit2: It is the CustomActionEditor thats preventing the textfield cause only states that have the 'Speak' action doesn't allow textfield selection.

Thanks,
jrDev
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 02:10:39 AM by jrDev »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 03:00:43 AM »
Hi,

yeah, we are looking into this, thanks for the explanations.

Bye,

Jean