playMaker

Author Topic: weapon switching  (Read 1664 times)

unearthly

• Junior Playmaker
weapon switching
« on: November 20, 2016, 02:37:50 PM »
Hi, I have attached a weapon game object with animations to a first person controller but want to be able to change it with a button press for another weapon using PlayMaker. And to switch back to the first weapon using the same button press. How best to construct an FSM to do that?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: weapon switching
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 02:39:32 AM »
Hi,

do you have already a weapon manager in place? are you using a FPC from the asset store?

Bye,

Jean

unearthly

• Junior Playmaker
Re: weapon switching
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 01:56:04 AM »
Had a quick look at FPC Pro. I really do appreciate your response, jeanfabre. I kind of feel lost sometimes. I understand 3D modeling more than anything else and I found a solution by moving the weapons in animations. I simply positioned my secondary weapon behind the player controller, then made an animation where the weapons switched positions.

I wanted to use my own models and movements anyway, rather than using something like UFPS or a similar controller. I am pretty much a non-coder, hence my reaction to your question was 'weapon manager' what's that? (since looked it up) although I had some idea about destroying game objects and instancing new ones.

Anyways thanks, again.