playMaker

Author Topic: [SOLVED] Events based on frames of an animation  (Read 6200 times)

tomo

• Playmaker Newbie
[SOLVED] Events based on frames of an animation
« on: April 17, 2012, 07:49:45 PM »
Hey guys,

So I am working on a project at the moment and needed to trigger a few things at certian times in an animation and wonder if you could give me some guidance (I am quite new to this visual programming and an artist ha!).

So I read that I can send events to an FSM using animation events. I worked out how to place these by duplicating the animation file attached to my model which removed the "read only" option and allowed me to place the animation events. But I ran into trouble when i set the event as a "ChangeState". So i did as this info recommended

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W181

But from here I am not sure how to set up playmaker to receive this animation event when the animation plays out in my scene and then have playmaker trigger another FSM event like burst of particles,play sound or a turning a mesh renders on/off.

This would open unity up for me as an artist an incredible amount so would be great if anyone could offer some guidance on this problem.

« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 01:13:00 AM by Alex Chouls »

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: Events based on frames of an animation
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 10:56:21 PM »
Hi tomo,

I've updated the docs to make it a little easier to understand:
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W181

Note the method has changed to SendEvent in the latest version (instead of ChangeState).

This would open unity up for me as an artist an incredible amount so would be great if anyone could offer some guidance on this problem.

I agree! Let me know if this helps...

tomo

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Events based on frames of an animation
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 12:35:38 AM »
Hey alex,

Thanks soo much for taking the time to update the docs it makes sense now I have it playing sounds and everything :). You made a few programmers at my company very happy now I dont have to hassle them to set stuff up for me!

Thanks again,

Tomo

tomo

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: [SOLVED] Events based on frames of an animation
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2012, 11:34:48 PM »
Hey another issue has just poped up when I moved into a new project and went to set this up. When I set up the SendEvent it told me that the (function not supported). And I can no longer get it to send out the event :( I tried everything and cant work out what I did differently this time around - might it be the playmaker package didnt fully load.

Cheers,

Tomo

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
    • LinkedIn
Re: [SOLVED] Events based on frames of an animation
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 12:23:54 AM »
Can you confirm that you're running Version 1.3.2?

Main Menu > PlayMaker > About PlayMaker

Also have you tried restarting unity?