playMaker

Author Topic: itween actions for door movement  (Read 6313 times)

cardo

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: itween actions for door movement
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2017, 01:39:25 PM »
Ah terri that looks perfect! Thanks for the example.

As a playmaker newbie I didn't realise there was even an action to compare distance of something and trigger and action based on it.. hence me using triggers for everything.

Funnily enough I've tried to mimic what you created but using my trigger volume but the door still flies off as the game starts.. My setup uses an FSM on the trigger volume, but I'm now using an empty game object (DOOR_PARENT) like you have, and offsetting the door position from it - or attempting to. Is it likely not working for me because of the world position of my DOOR_PARENT and door? Should they both be 0,0,0 or something? I'm not overly familiar with how Unity prefers things to be setup. Image of mine below..

http://i.imgur.com/0BqnKIZ.jpg

Knowing now that I don't need to bother with triggers for this at all makes things a lot easier and will drastically reduce the amount of world objects I'll likely need!

cardo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2017, 02:52:16 PM »
Sorted out the origin coords for parent and child objects and they seem to be working with the trigger method now! Had a couple of other issues with getting stuck in the doorway but that was probuilder related.

Had a look at the action you used and realised it's a custom one you had created after a little googling ;) Looks like a good action to have in the arsenal though!

Thanks for all the help terri, sure I'll be back in here pretty soon with more queries!

terri

• terrivellmann.tumblr.com
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2017, 05:15:03 PM »
Awesome!
Yeah I used that action to be quicker but everything else should be the same with triggers

cardo

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2017, 04:41:34 PM »
Sorry to bump this thread but thought it relevant and easier than posting a new one as it is door related still..

Right. so I've got a second door that opens via a button that you can hover over (material changes) and use once in range.

My issue is that I've used a 'trigger exit' event to go back to the original state once the player has moved away - except it doesn't seem to fire and I can't tell why? The door just remains open and it stays in the 'Door open' state.

Is it possibly to do with only using a trigger exit with no trigger enter event? Or do I need to link the transition event to the specific trigger volume I'm using?

Sure it's something simple I'm missing again! :)