playMaker

Author Topic: object is duplicating... Is there a way to see runtime code?  (Read 3185 times)

HeathClose

object is duplicating... Is there a way to see runtime code?
« on: January 18, 2017, 01:39:44 PM »
or maybe I'm not asking the right question...

one of my game objects is duplicating, and I don't know why... I can't find where it's coming from so I though maybe if I could watch what was happening in realtime I can see what fsm is duplicating it and correct the problem... but maybe there is a better way?  stepping through and looking at all the fsms shows me nothing out of the ordinary, it shouldn't be duplicating... that's why I'm hoping there is another way to see where it's coming from.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: object is duplicating... Is there a way to see runtime code?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 03:35:52 PM »
Hi.
Maybe you have a create object double or something.

In the action browser you can see how many times an action is used.
If you right click on an action you can use find to go to the fsm with the selected action.

elusiven

• Debt we all must pay...
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 06:28:09 PM »
Is it occurring when switching scenes? If yes then you need to make it a singleton.

HeathClose

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 08:59:31 AM »
i figured out what it was, but the actions don't list what's in prefabs not in the hierarchy that get created i don't think because it showed 0 times create object was used... which is impossible, since there had to be at least one to create the first prefab... so i don't know... not sure the list was working for me...

as far as putting a [solved] on my question, i'm not sure i'm there yet... is there any other way to look at what is happening live besides stepping through each fsm?

terri

• terrivellmann.tumblr.com
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 09:18:16 AM »
as far as having a list of everything that is happening, not sure how that could work
but you can take steps to figure things out, such as using breakpoints (right click a state and toggle breakpoint), or you just have to be creative to figure things out, like you could after creating an object set a variable in it that tells you what object spawned it

HeathClose

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 04:56:33 PM »
as far as having a list of everything that is happening, not sure how that could work
but you can take steps to figure things out, such as using breakpoints (right click a state and toggle breakpoint), or you just have to be creative to figure things out, like you could after creating an object set a variable in it that tells you what object spawned it
oh thank you!!   toggle breakpoint... didn't know about that... so thank you for that...

and a little variable display is a great idea as well.... thank you for those

HeathClose

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2017, 04:33:05 PM »
Forward Playmaker Log to Unity Log?

I just discovered there are more than one menu to the preferences... had no idea that dropdown was there... and in debugging, I see "forward playmaker log to unity log"... where would I find these logs?... and do they show info that could have helped me with my situation?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2017, 01:57:29 AM »
Hi,

you have many editor windows for PlayMaker, one of them is called "FSM Log", you can get it from the PlayMaker/Editor Windows/"

then all logs from a selected fsm will be there. If you choose to forward logs to the Unity console, then you'll need to look in the Unity console itself.

Bye,

Jean

HeathClose

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 09:57:49 AM »
Hi,

you have many editor windows for PlayMaker, one of them is called "FSM Log", you can get it from the PlayMaker/Editor Windows/"

then all logs from a selected fsm will be there. If you choose to forward logs to the Unity console, then you'll need to look in the Unity console itself.

Bye,

Jean

ok thank you...I'll have a look  :)