playMaker

Author Topic: PlayerSettings Validation: target group (6) doesn't exist;[SOLVED]  (Read 9731 times)

arkdzo

• Playmaker Newbie
I have asset Chronos Time Control.. after installing Playmaker i have this errors:

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (6) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.
UnityEditor.PlayerSettings:SetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup, String)
Chronos.Addon:AddDefine() (at Assets/Chronos/Source/Utilities/Editor/AddonDetector.cs:117)
Chronos.Addon:Check(Boolean) (at Assets/Chronos/Source/Utilities/Editor/AddonDetector.cs:65)
Chronos.AddonDetector:CheckForAddons(Boolean) (at Assets/Chronos/Source/Utilities/Editor/AddonDetector.cs:31)
Chronos.AddonDetector:OnPostprocessAllAssets(String[], String[], String[], String[]) (at Assets/Chronos/Source/Utilities/Editor/AddonDetector.cs:46)
UnityEditor.AssetPostprocessingInternal:PostprocessAllAssets(String[], String[], String[], String[], String[])

what it means? how can i fix it?
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 02:34:03 AM by jeanfabre »

Gua

• Beta Group
    • Andrii Vintsevych
Just updated to 5.6 got similar error.

PlayerSettings Validation: Requested build target group (27) doesn't exist; #define symbols for scripting won't be added.
UnityEditor.PlayerSettings:SetScriptingDefineSymbolsForGroup(BuildTargetGroup, String)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.PlayMakerDefines:AddScriptingDefineSymbolToAllTargets(String) (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerDefines.cs:37)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.PlayMakerDefines:.cctor() (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/PlayMakerDefines.cs:21)
UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies:ProcessInitializeOnLoadAttributes()

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Hi,

you need to get the latest Playmaker from the Asset store, it' just updated on the 31st of march.

Bye,

Jean

jaybury

• Playmaker Newbie
I've just updated to Unity 5.6.0f3, I've updated the new playmaker version as well and I'm having similar issues.

Exact same message 4 times in the console

PET

• GamerPET
I also had a similar problem (if I remember correctly) ... but I just updated to 1.8.4 and the error seems to be gone.
Technical Game Designer
www.GamerPET.com

SolarFalcon

• Playmaker Newbie
I also got this error today. I am trying to get my app uploaded on GooglePlay and I've never seen this error. I just removed IAP from my project but I don't think that should be causing this issue.

Edit: I thought I was on the latest version of Playmaker, but I wasn't. Updating fixed this issue.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 12:11:44 AM by SolarFalcon »

Black Manatee

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: PlayerSettings Validation: target group (6) doesn't exist;[SOLVED]
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 02:20:17 PM »
I'm still getting the same error as described above, with Chronos.  I've got Playmaker 1.84.  I re-downloaded and re-installed, but no luck.

I don't think it's a huge deal, because so far it's "clearable" and isn't affecting my scenes -- but it's a concern.  I'm using Unity 5.6.0f3.

Perhaps it's a conflict with a Playmaker addon (I use ScoreFlash), or a new bug related to v 5.6.0.  Regardless, I'd like to either know whether it's safe to continue ignoring the problem, or whether I need to uninstall Playmaker and switch over to GameFlow.  I've purchased GameFlow and I like it so far, but it's less versatile (so far) so I don't want to switch my current project if I don't have to.

PS: Your bot-blocking verifier is kind of annoying -- not everyone keeps the default Unity shortcut keys.  I've always switched mine to the standard Blender keys, since that's where I spend almost half of my game-dev time.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: PlayerSettings Validation: target group (6) doesn't exist;[SOLVED]
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2017, 02:29:22 AM »
Hi,

possibly, you haven't actually reinstalled PlayMaker fully, when there is an error in Unity, the PlayMaker install wizard doesn't kick in and so you need to manually install the PlayMaker package ( in Assets/PlayMaker/editor/installs/)

can you double check?

Bye.

Jean