playMaker

Poll

Is style.Value adjustable?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: [SOLVED] style.Value what does it do?  (Read 2044 times)

Armada Animations

• Playmaker Newbie
[SOLVED] style.Value what does it do?
« on: April 21, 2012, 05:32:46 AM »
I have been working with Playmaker a little while and I really like it. I would love the javascript custom scripts to be supported, but apart from this it is great!

Regarding the GUI system I have found it easier to code my own scripts. When using the GUI actions I have come across the style.Value in the "GUI.actions". Style is defined as part of the GUI.Skin.

Playmaker seems to use is own values, and I don't seem to be able to change them with another action.

Does anyone know the answer to this problem. If I keep 'style.Value' in the action then I can only get black labels.  ??? If I remove it, it will use the color as set by the GUI.skin. I have subsequently removed it.  :-\

Thanks in advance.

David. ;D
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 10:31:41 PM by Alex Chouls »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: style.Value what does it do?
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 02:57:23 PM »
Hi,

you can write actions in javascripts actually: http://hutonggames.com/playmakerforum/index.php?topic=1197.0

the style value of the gui actions refers not to the guiskin but actually to the component of the guiskin ( box, label,button,etc etc).

If you want to change the skin of a component, use the action "set gui skin", if you want a label to look like a button, simple put "button" in the "Style" property og the "GUILayout label" action

Does that make sense?

Bye,

Jean