playMaker

Author Topic: What exactly would the Playmaker update bring/allow for?  (Read 4533 times)

jamun99

• Playmaker Newbie
What exactly would the Playmaker update bring/allow for?
« on: September 14, 2019, 04:54:30 PM »
I watched a beginner tutorial on it because I wanted to know what it was too. It's not a lot different from the component system that's already in VRCHAT, but it looks like it has more functions and is, of course, more visual. I've been working building worlds for a month or two and I understood pretty quickly how to use PlayMaker. I don't have it yet, but I am looking forward to getting it. ($65...)

The devs have said some C# scripting will be possible, but I can see how there's massive room for abuse there, so don't know how they're going to prevent it. PlayMaker seems like a nice medium.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: What exactly would the Playmaker update bring/allow for?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 05:01:29 AM »
Hi,

What video did you watched?

Bye,

Jean

AlexPhilip

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: What exactly would the Playmaker update bring/allow for?
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2021, 04:35:30 AM »
Playmaker comes with a set of highly customisable 'actions' that react to gameplay giving the map maker a huge varierty of options:

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W2

So far example with playmaker you could create an arcade map where players collect tickets by winning games and earning prizes, or you could have a map where players pilot a ship. You can have story driven maps and the like. It allows for a wide range of custom events while still being restrictive enough to not allow for malicious scripts. You can technically quit the game with playmaker but they might blacklist that action.