playMaker

Author Topic: Data access  (Read 1459 times)

treborjones

• Playmaker Newbie
Data access
« on: April 17, 2017, 09:43:56 AM »
Hey folks, happy easter.

I've used the below system successfully to create a data asset from a google doc.

http://unitylist.com/r/5so/unity-quick-sheet

This spread sheet creates a scrtipableObject asset that lists a bunch of strings and floats that I want to reference for score boundaries on my levels.

The bit that I’m stuck with is how to access this data from playmaker. So when checking a score that the player has just achieved against these values.

So ideally I’d some how reference the current level name against my list of level names, and pull out the floats associated for each star score boundary.

I’ve been looking at Arraymaker and datamaker a little bit but can’t figure out if that’s the way I should be accessing this data or not!

I've attached a screenshot of the data object as I'm not 100% sure i've got all the terminology correct!

Any direction much appreciated.

Cheers,

Bob

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Data access
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 01:59:31 AM »
Hi,

To access this data from within PlayMaker, you'll need to create specific custom actions for this. I would first get in touch with the author of this data system and see if he already provides PlayMaker support and if not, if he's willing to, mention me, I'll be happy to help and assist in the process.

Bye,

Jean

treborjones

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 06:50:45 AM »
Hmmm, that's a shame, sounds like it'll be a bit too much work for others! :-) Maybe I'd be better off looking at Array maker, I'll do a bit of study around that. Cheers. 

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2017, 03:09:24 AM »
Hi,

Check out dataMaker/XmlMaker too you can work with xml extensivly and use xpath for very powerfull data queries.

Bye,

Jean