playMaker

Author Topic: Data Maker error: lock the action browser[SOLVED]  (Read 2310 times)

Marc Saubion

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
Data Maker error: lock the action browser[SOLVED]
« on: April 19, 2017, 09:25:24 AM »
Hi.

I wanted to start working with DataMaker but it gives me an error that even lock the action browser. :/ It shows up when I try to add an action to a state. The action was xml node something.

Here is the error message I have on a virgin project on Unity 5.5.2f1
Project content: playmaker installed + data maker package from https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/?W1133

The same is true with the package from the ecosystem.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
XmlGetNodePropertiesEditor.OnGUI () (at Assets/PlayMaker DataMaker/Xml/Actions/XML Read/Editor/XmlGetNodePropertiesEditor.cs:28)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionEditor.OnGUI (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmStateAction action) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/ActionEditor.cs:196)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionSelector.DoSelectedActionPreview () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/ActionSelector.cs:589)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionSelector.DoBottomPanel () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/ActionSelector.cs:546)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.ActionSelector.DoGUI () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/ActionSelector.cs:158)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.BaseEditorWindow.OnGUI () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/BaseEditorWindow.cs:72)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

I hope there is a quick fix, I was really looking to use data maker for work. ^^'

Thanks.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:32:16 AM by jeanfabre »

Marc Saubion

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
Re: Data Maker error: lock the action browser
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2017, 02:05:25 PM »
Still nothing?  :( I usualy get a quick answer with more trivial issues. Am I missing something?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 03:32:01 AM »
Hi,

Please bump regularly, and or simply get in touch with my via pm or email, It becomes really hard to keep up with the forum activity :) so don't take it personnaly :)

so yes, there was a problem indeed when preview of action is on in the action browser, oups...

Please redownload from the ecosystem, it will fix it.

Bye,

Jean

Marc Saubion

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 03:59:44 AM »
Please bump regularly, and or simply get in touch with my via pm or email, ...

I will.

I redownloaded it and it looks like it works. Thanks.  :D