playMaker

Author Topic: Issue with scale time  (Read 4560 times)

silonighora

• Playmaker Newbie
Issue with scale time
« on: May 21, 2017, 12:14:37 AM »
Hi All,
I am grappling with a rather unusual issue. I am working on the game over screen for my game. The logic is to change scale time to 0 as soon as the player hits an obstacle. Below is the sequence of events.
1. State 1: Check for trigger event.
2. State 2: If there is a trigger event, then show the game over screen.
3. State 3: Change the scale time to 0. This is to stop all the movement.

Now, when I play the game(on mobile particularly), when the player hits an obstacle, then the movement of the obstacles and the player stops first and after some time, the game over screen is shown.
This looks on odd as I can see that everything becomes static and after sometime the game over screen is shown. Rather, I want to show the game over screen as soon as the player hits something and do all other things/calculations in the background. Has anyone faced this issue. Am I doing something incorrectly? Can this be done in a better way?

Regards,
Siloni

HeathClose

Re: Issue with scale time
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2017, 12:16:52 PM »
so i don't know if this is a good suggestion or not... i'm kinda new... but what about making the game over screen contain the fsm that controls the time scale... it come up instantly and then changes every thing to 0... or a .5 delay.. or whatever you want your player to see

silonighora

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2017, 01:39:36 PM »
Thank you HeathClose!! Thats a nice suggestion. I will try that out. But I am also trying to understand why would unity+playmaker behave in the way it did..

Regards,
Siloni

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 03:56:49 AM »
Hi,

That's odd indeed, is it not a problem of mobile performances where you see more lags than on your development machine?

Bye,

Jean