playMaker

Author Topic: pref or button to move the view to the active state  (Read 6648 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
pref or button to move the view to the active state
« on: April 18, 2011, 02:58:45 AM »
Hi,

I would very much welcome the ability for the fsm view to move and follow the active state, that would be awesome during debug sessions and just for watching the thing evolve without having to manually move the view to run after the active state.

If runtime animation not happening, maybe at least the option to show the active state from a button in the editor somewhere next to "select" or else. It could be name "show active State".

However, having the view to follow the active state would be pur bliss :)

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
Re: pref or button to move the view to the active state
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2011, 02:55:44 PM »
I actually had automatic framing of the active state in before the beta - I wonder what happened to it :)

I'll track it down...

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2011, 03:08:49 AM »
Hi Alex,

If you find it and put it back ( as a pref as well maybe), that would ease my debugging/checks time so much!

Bye,

Jean

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 10:45:11 PM »
This will be in the next update as a preference to auto-frame the active state in the graph view. Also shortcut keys to frame the active/selected state, and to jump to the Start State (Home).

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 12:34:38 AM »
excellent :)

MaDDoX

• 1.2 Beta
    • FluidPlay Studios
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 09:42:59 AM »
This will be in the next update as a preference to auto-frame the active state in the graph view. Also shortcut keys to frame the active/selected state, and to jump to the Start State (Home).
I know that might not be a very practical thing, since it's actually educative not having it but anyways I'll ask..
will we ever get zoom? :)

PS.: Only consider this after SubFSMs are in, please!
--
Breno "MaDDoX" Azevedo
@brenoazevedo

Alex Chouls

• Administrator
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 10:08:05 PM »
I was playing with zoom a while back and got it 90% there, just needed some polish. But other features seemed more important... will dust that code off though at some point.

tobbeo

• 1.2 Beta
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2011, 10:45:37 PM »
I was playing with zoom a while back and got it 90% there, just needed some polish. But other features seemed more important... will dust that code off though at some point.

I wouldn't want it to take up a lot of your time but I just wanted to add that I too would like zooming as I am used to it in other node based software like Nuke, Fusion, Max/Maya material editors, Houdini, Particle Flow, Krakatoa etc. etc. :P

I can't wait for updates. It's a great product already but I really feel like we are in the teenager era right now. Really can't wait to see all the stuff you have planned.

Duffdaddy

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2011, 06:09:44 AM »
I like this idea, and have often thought it would be goog to be able to have a function like "split window" so you can see to related FSM's side by side. Especially helpful in debugging.