playMaker

Author Topic: Lag on Playmaker Editor Window: becoming really slow[SOLVED]  (Read 3975 times)

miguelfanclub

Lag on Playmaker Editor Window: becoming really slow[SOLVED]
« on: September 10, 2017, 01:11:56 PM »
I have no steps to reproduce. Just been working the whole day on my project.... the editor has been becoming slower and slower. Now, whatever I do on the State Tab im getting like 2-3 secs lag: Unfolding actions, writing names on any label etc (each letter I type I have lag)

Also, Im getting weird acting. Things that worked stoped to work , things that they should really work now they dont.

Restarting doesnt help

I have also noted that some users experienced this in the past and was related to unfolded actions. Is not my case, using control to fold them all doesnt fix the lag.

My Unity version: 2017.1.0f3
Playmaker version: 185f8

Is anyone experiencing this?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 04:31:20 AM by jeanfabre »

Deek

Re: Lag on Playmaker Editor Window: becoming really slow
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 02:24:17 PM »
From experience I know that PlayMaker can lag when there are too many Events / Variables / Array-Variables with a lot of entries in the currently selected FSM.

Also something that got suggested several times on this forum related to bad performance is to fold the PlayMaker component so that it looks like the attached picture (folding it once should also fold all PlayMaker components on all other GameObjects and vice versa so you should only have to do it once).

Have you also tried restarting the whole computer, not just Unity?
It could also be related to using Unity 2017, because it's fairly new and PlayMaker maybe still needs a bit adjustment to it.

Things you also might want to try is reinstalling PlayMaker through the Welcome Screen or Debug your Project by copying your Scene and deleting every GameObject with an FSM one by one to see if it got any better and if so you know who's the culprit.

miguelfanclub

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 03:20:42 PM »
Did all that. No help.

Now, im doing an exe, no errors so far. When I run it, scene start and its not doing at all what it supose to do. Checked it on Unity scene, replicated it playing the exe --> Fails

I really feel something is going wrong

Any idea

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 04:05:58 AM »
Hi,

that's odd indeed. Pm me and share this project if you can with me, if I can repro the lag issues and I can relate it to PlayMaker itself, then I will bring the case to Alex for checking out what's happening.

Bye,

Jean

miguelfanclub

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 09:51:03 AM »
@Jean Will do.

I got another issue (maybe this can also help). When dragging correct game object in order to get a variable in an action it doesnt work. It stays for a few seconds and then show me the menu of "new variable etc". If I select another object and come back to the same one, then it works sometimes. Its very random.

In that screenshot I was just dragging the correct gameobject
https://puu.sh/xx6Xg/7d81490cae.png
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:57:04 AM by miguelfanclub »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 03:54:00 AM »
Hi,

probably if Unity is slow, the drag and drop isn't process and then the drop thinks it's outside the field and triggers the regular drop of assets directly on the action stack instead of inside that field.

Bye,

Jean

miguelfanclub

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 06:34:12 PM »
Ok. SO I think I know whats going on and probably is related.

I have my unity peoject synched on 3 computers. Home, Laptop and home.
Im using gdrive.... and sometimes it gives me error that cant update some files, and those files are normally meta files and sometimes scene.meta

The scene where i have severe lag, is an scene where I just discovered there were some console errors of gameobjects that dont exist They are not in the hierarchy. I guess my scene is corrupted due synch errors and thats why also that scene is also not building properly once I run the exe.

Is that possible?

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 12:41:38 AM »
hi,
that's indeed very possible, i used to have similar problems using dropbox.

But you can try disabling gdrive on your computer while working on your project and enable it later when you are done

Now i use github and sourcetree. which has the advantage to revert things
it takes a bit to understand to setup and work with it but in i'm happy i did :)