playMaker

Author Topic: Vectrosity on its way :) [NOW AVAILABLE]  (Read 34868 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Vectrosity on its way :) [NOW AVAILABLE]
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2014, 06:02:41 AM »
Hi,

Both can work together, but It will be something involving to develop for sure. I would run this past Eric, the author of Vectrosity, he will know exactly how to tackle this.

I would study also Rage Spline, I think it has more in store to potentially achieve drawings custom physics objects.

Bye,

Jean

MrShoestore

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2014, 10:47:00 AM »
I'm trying to setup using the Vectrosity Custom Actions, but when i bring them into my project I get this error

Assets/PlayMaker Vectrosity/Actions/VectrosityDrawWithTransform.cs(50,39): error CS1061: Type `Vectrosity.VectorLine' does not contain a definition for `drawTransform' and no extension method `drawTransform' of type `Vectrosity.VectorLine' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

I have both playmaker and vectrosity imported and updated to the latest versions.  what am I doing that I'm getting this error when i first load in the custom action package?

EDIT: Ignore me… having a case of the Mondays or something.  I imported the vectrosity package, but not the actual dll
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 01:01:46 PM by MrShoestore »

FritsLyn

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2014, 09:05:27 AM »
When is / will this work be done? (Bump/Shout)

From https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W948:
Currently supports only VectorLines. Vectrosity can draw points too, but I will make this available at a later date ( please shout to get it done quicker :) )

This is not in the Eco system!

Either it is not possible, or it is not very well documented how to do a simple X1 Y1 Z1 -> X2 Y2 Z2 line - the demo file is not including any 3D as far as I can tell..?

EDIT:

I know theres the 'Draw 3D ray' - but that is only a Color (and I cannot get it to work btw - nothing appears) - but how about some lasers or something like this in 3D:

http://www.starscenesoftware.com/vectrositydemo3.html

The problem here is that Unity Line renderer is not possible to handle from PlayMaker, and for that reason you are pointing to Vectrocity, but that is not supporting the Line renderer 3D functionality, so .. BUMP!!!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 09:13:08 AM by FritsLyn »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2014, 10:19:27 AM »
Hi,

Ok, I found the time to update Vectrosity, Sorry for the wait... :)

Please download from the wiki.

so, now you have the possibility to draw in 3d using "VectrosityVector3Line", so everything work as before only that you now can supply 3d points, draw in actual 3d or not ( check uncheck "DrawIn3d" as well as autoDraw to respect perspective if drawing in real 3d).

Let me know if you have everything, but basically this is it, now within PlayMaker, 3d lines are possible.

Bye,

Jean

MS80

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2014, 05:05:42 AM »
Great news! Works just fine!  ;D

One more thing: I think it is not possible to create dotted lines (like in vectrosity "Curve" demo) with playmaker actions?? Could you please integrate this handy feature, I absolutly need it!

PS: Do you plan to integrate actions for building spline curves?
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 05:09:20 AM by MS80 »

MS80

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 08:25:52 PM »
... added a few lines of code with following functions, works like expected:

- continiuos texture (texture stretch over whole line)
- texture scale (uniform scaled texture, 0=default)
- texture offset (to animate flow direction)
- cap length (adds length to each line element)

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 11:39:53 AM by MS80 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2014, 07:22:23 AM »
Hi,

thanks for this, it's updated on the wiki ( I modified it a bit to be non obtrusive and backward compatible). I also made an entry on the RSS.

Bye,

Jean

MS80

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2014, 08:42:02 AM »
Thanks!

You could also add these lines to the "VectrosityVector3Line" action, runs equal to vector2Line! Sadly it seems "cap length" does not work with Vector3Line, do you have any idea why??

Bye,
Martin
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:44:22 AM by MS80 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2014, 07:11:22 AM »
Hi,

bump me on this in a week or two, I'll study that more carefully.

Bye,

Jean

Khoa1994

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2014, 04:39:03 AM »
I plan on buying Vectrosity but not sure whether it can do the following. In my 3D games, I want to draw a circle on 1 surface of a cube. The circle mark the effective area of a bomb. Can I do that with the current set of PlayMaker actions for Vectrosity? The description of the PlayMaker actions package for Vectrosity said that: “Currently supports only drawing in 2d”. Does that mean I can draw lines on 2D planes in 3D games or does that mean I can only draw lines in 2D games?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2014, 09:18:09 AM »
Hi,

Tuff... :)

You can draw a circle if you express each points using the action VectrosityVector3Line, so yes, you can, but the MakeCircle is not available in 3d as far as I can see and test so you can't just tell the center radius and number of segments if you want that circle in 3d.

So I would contact first Eric5h5 and ask him if the function MakeCircle ( and other Makexxx) are somehow available to use with .Draw3D(), if there is working example, then I can turn it into PlayMaker actions.

Typically, you can pre compute them yourself with your calculator, and then inject them points manually.

The trick after that small hurdle ( it's manageable, get back to me if you struggle with the math), is to store that line in the "VectorObject" property and then use the action "Vectrosity Draw With Transform" which is going to make the shape you have define stick to the transform you point to, and so your vectrosity 3dline will be very much a "child" of your transform".

Bye,

Jean

Bye,

Jean

Khoa1994

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2014, 10:29:32 AM »
I'll wait for your 3D MakeCircle action. Drawing a 3D circle using VectrosityVector3Line seems like a lot of work and I still have many things to work on for my project.

Khoa1994

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2014, 06:02:56 PM »
Hi jeanfabre,
Have you written the MakeCircle action for 3D?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 07:58:56 AM »
Hi,

no, not yet unfortunatly, you'll need to give me at least a good week. Then please bump me if I haven't doen it then.

Bye,

Jean

Khoa1994

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2014, 09:15:20 PM »
Hi jeanfabre,
Have you written the MakeCircle action for 3D? I need this action in the next couple days.