playMaker

Author Topic: Record Voice From Microphone then PlayBack it (TalkBack)  (Read 3158 times)

rainexplorer

• Junior Playmaker
Record Voice From Microphone then PlayBack it (TalkBack)
« on: October 29, 2017, 08:48:46 PM »
Hi,

i'm not good at C# (still learning it), so i would like to get a feature like below :

1) record voice from mix. filter only above X volume
2) then playback the sound clip

it more likely similiar to talking tom, but just protype....

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: Record Voice From Microphone then PlayBack it (TalkBack)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 03:49:18 AM »
Hi,

Recording can be done easily

However, I won't know where to start to filter by volume to be honest. I looked up on google and could not find any suitable answer...

I guess one way would be:

- always record in a buffer
- checking sound volume and save the time at which volume became loud enough, save the time stamp of that time.
- keep recording for how long is needed or possible or until volume gets back to low

now extract the audio from the buffer from the start time to the end time and play back.

But I strongly doubt this is something achievable easily and would require a lot of messing and testing about.

bye,

Jean

rainexplorer

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 05:18:45 AM »
Hi,

Recording can be done easily

However, I won't know where to start to filter by volume to be honest. I looked up on google and could not find any suitable answer...

I guess one way would be:

- always record in a buffer
- checking sound volume and save the time at which volume became loud enough, save the time stamp of that time.
- keep recording for how long is needed or possible or until volume gets back to low

now extract the audio from the buffer from the start time to the end time and play back.

But I strongly doubt this is something achievable easily and would require a lot of messing and testing about.

bye,

Jean

thanks for advice, btw look at ecoBrowser, they're for Unity 4, Can be used for Unity v2017.1 ?

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 05:51:53 AM »
Hi,

Yes, everything is compatible upwards, so any action tags Unity 4 will work starting from 4, an action or package Unity 2017 will not work on Unity 5 or 4

Bye,

Jean