playMaker

Author Topic: Smooth Look At slowing down character  (Read 1657 times)

Ivendar

• Playmaker Newbie
Smooth Look At slowing down character
« on: December 20, 2017, 03:30:52 AM »
Hello, :)

used to have a bit older version of playmaker running but when I was updating my Unity from 5.6 to 2017.2 and playmaker as well my player character got some weird behavior. Animations play normal but it's somehow get stuck and moves like through mud. I was already able to find out what causes the problem and it's the "Smooth Look At" action which I was using to turn the character to a fixed empty gameobject which is controlled by another Gameobject controlling the camera. If I remove that single Action it runs smooth but actually I need it to turn the character. It used to work fine for over a year so this is normally working FSMs. Also no errors or the like and it doesn't matter what speed I set in that action. Also the mecanim Animations play at normal speed, mecanim controller all correct.

Does someone got a hint maybe what's wrong here ?

Thank you
Best Regards

Ivendar

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: Smooth Look At slowing down character
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 02:58:07 PM »
Can no one help about this issue ? :(

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 02:21:16 AM »
Hi,

Don't hesitate to bump threads, it's fine. Indeed the volume of requests is getting bigger, so you need to shout louder if we skipped your thread :) it's not intentional, we just missed it.

If you still have your 5.6 project back up, can you just update PlayMaker to the latest on there and check if the behaviour changes, if not, then the issue is elsewhere.

I am having a hard time figurin out your rig, maybe you could share just your character rig on an empty scene with just a floor and debug it there, pm me with that scene if you can, I'll have a look.

Bye,

Jean

SpagPix

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2018, 06:30:49 AM »
Did this issue get solved? As im having trouble with getting the character to use the smooth look aswell?