playMaker

Author Topic: How to teleport player.  (Read 3274 times)

Amy

• Playmaker Newbie
How to teleport player.
« on: June 03, 2012, 10:39:52 PM »
Hey! I'm working on my RPG game. Basically I'm trying to work on my battle system. In one scene, I have a simple town(Terran) with a platform. I want the platform to TP the main char to the battle field where I can freeze the movement of the character for turned based battle.

I already have a platform set up with an invisible box trigger while using the "Cut to Camrea" With a second camera I have set up facing the new map. How do I now pause my controllers movement and teleport the character over there?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 10:43:13 PM by Amy »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: How to teleport player.
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 10:14:17 AM »
Hi,

If you don't see your player during the teleportation, then simply destroy it and spawn it again where it will be.

Else, you can simply disable all the controlling components, turn is kinematic to on and move your player and revert that back when you are at the right location or when it's time.

It's basically the very same system that is sued on the Photon demo, where a character that Is not your character has his component set to not react to user input ( and in this case rely on network data, but here it would just sit there).

so have a look at the component used on that demo, it will certainly give you hints:

https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W928
https://hutonggames.fogbugz.com/default.asp?W927

Bye,

Jean

Amy

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 12:07:59 PM »
I meant which command is 'move' :P

Edit : And how do I stop my old controls x.x
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 12:30:11 PM by Amy »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 03:19:40 AM »
Hi,

It then very much depends on what controller you are using. Could you reference that controller script? then I'll be able to have a look.

Bye,

Jean