playMaker

Author Topic: WordPress login asset  (Read 3529 times)

nFighter

• Beta Group
    • multiplayer adult fighting
WordPress login asset
« on: March 21, 2018, 04:30:30 PM »
Hey! I'm going to buy a WordPress login asset from mybad studios and i'm willing to ask is anyone interested to make a basic set of playmaker actions for it? How much it could cost me?

If it's really possible I would also buy other MyBad assets, like WordPress User Data, WordPress Money, e.t.c. and commission playmaker actions for them either.
indie developer of multiplayer adult fighting
http://nakedfighter3d.com

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: WordPress login asset
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2018, 05:47:20 PM »
Hi.
I could look into this, but i do not own these assets.

nFighter

• Beta Group
    • multiplayer adult fighting
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2018, 07:20:39 PM »
Great! I'll write you back when I got one  ;D
indie developer of multiplayer adult fighting
http://nakedfighter3d.com

verybinary

• Junior Playmaker
    • The Museum of Digital
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 03:41:53 AM »
proper etiquette would probably dictate gifting dino a copy of this asset if you would like Playmaker functionality. he/she is probably never going to use the asset.
nobody wants to be a mr. bungle.

myBadStudios

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 05:12:19 AM »
Actually, buying my assets and "gifting" it to someone is the very definition of piracy, not of "etiquette".

with that being said, I actually came here to post a reminder of what I said a very long time ago... if anyone is willing to create PlayMaker actions for my assets and is willing to let me include it with the kit for everyone to use (full credit to you of course) then just contact me and I will gladly send you a voucher to download the asset.

Unfortunately I don't have the PM skills/knowledge to make them myself but I would love to support PM in all my assets so anyone who is willing to help me bring PM support to my assets is more than welcome to a free copy of the asset!

@djaydino if you want to give this a go just email me at support@mybadstudios.com and let me know if you want the login kit only or if you would like the complete collection of assets and I'll email you back the voucher.

In advance, my thanks :)
Ryunosuke

verybinary

• Junior Playmaker
    • The Museum of Digital
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 07:35:10 AM »
fine. ill use your word since that's the only one you would understand.
"proper etiquette would probably dictate VOUCHERING dino a copy of this asset"
i did not say, or imply giving dino a copy, well, I did, but only free to dino.
all I was saying was that if dino was willing to make playmaker actions for an asset that would potentially never get used by dino, then dino shouldn't have to pay for it. I said "gift" to differentiate it from "send him a copy at the expense of the creator"
im sorry I was unaware of the exact "vouchering" method the asset store uses, as I use very few premade assets, and received a "gift"(asset store wording) from another creator for one that I plan on using soon-ish.
I had no interest in this asset, but thanks to your deliberate context deformation, I am now inclined to buy it just to stick it up on piratebay. Thank you for my initiative.

myBadStudios

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 02:58:24 PM »
Holy crap.... Overreact much?

How in the world can someone who doesn't OWN something "gift" or "voucher" it to someone else? I am the owner of this product, not him. I can give away free copies because it is mine.... if he gives away free copies of what does not belong to him, that is theft...

You say: "Yeah, but I only wanted him to give away one copy to one person. It's not piracy when you only pirate it once". Right. Go give someone only one free car that you don't own and try telling THAT to the judge as your defence. See how well THAT goes down. :D

P.s. in case you take that to be hostile, that was meant as a joke, not an attack. You say you don't use assets much and you don't know about the "vouchering system" so allow me to educate you on that a little so you know for future reference. You cannot BUY a voucher. Unity gives each author 12 vouchers per year and say they can distribute them any way you want EXCEPT sell them.

This means that the only way to GET a voucher is if the OWNER of the asset GENERATES and GIVES you one. The vouchers don't even EXIST until the OWNER generates them. Now if the owner wants to call the voucher a gift, that is their choice (also, if the recipient of the voucher doesn't WANT it they are free to give it away to someone else (and call it a gift if they want to)...) but you CANNOT BUY a voucher and there is no place to GET a voucher except from the OWNER... which is me in this instance!

So when you said that etiquette would dictate djaydino not having to buy the asset, that was true enough, but you suggested that nFighter give the guy a voucher and that is impossible without ME giving HIM a voucher. The only way he would be able to give the asset to someone without getting a voucher from me would be to send the asset directly (and if you read nFighter's post, that is exactly what he said he was going to do... Send the djaydino a copy as soon as he gets one).

So with that being said, why the heck are you so upset? I came on here to say "Hey, man, don't worry about it. I am willing to offer a voucher to djaydino so he can do this. He just needs to let me know if he wants the one kit nFighter mentioned or if he wants all of them". nFighter was willing to PAY to have these actions made for him. I was saying "Do this work for ME, instead of for him, and I will GIVE it to nFighter AND everyone else as a free update to the kit. Save your money, nFighter". Hell, I might have even offered to pay to get the job done if needed be...

...and to that you reply with "Well NOW you are going to get it. Now I feel like being the one to steal your work and give it away to everybody just because you were willing to give away a free copy of your work to djaydino. You are such an a***le for trying to save nFighter some money, give away free assets to djaydino and give all your customers PlayMaker actions for free. Well NOW I am going to f**k you over just to teach you NEVER to be generous again in future! Hope you learn your lesson and never try to do anything good for anyone ever again"

Chill dude... Geez...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 03:35:39 PM by myBadStudios »

Lane

• Administrator
  • Mender of the past
    • Cleverous
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 04:11:27 PM »
I am now inclined to buy it just to stick it up on piratebay. Thank you for my initiative.

I'm inclined to ban you for threatening to contribute to illegal piracy. You don't have any questionable post history here so I'll assume this was a phenomenally poor attempt at disrespectful humor. This is your only courtesy warning on the matter, threatening anything like this again will result in a ban.

Dino can get in touch with the asset publisher if he intends to collaborate.

/thread
Products by Cleverous
|| Vault Core : Database
|| Vault Inventory : Multiplayer Inventory
|| Vault Attributes : Character Stats
|| That Hurt! : Dmg Floaties
|| Quinn : 3D

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 05:16:04 PM »
Hi,
Just to be clear I never use a 'copy' from anyone.

If a customer or someone on the forum need some help on an asset and i do not own it,
i will purchase in and i will send the invoice to the customer or person and he/she needs to pay for it.
Or if he/she owns the asset, to provide me a voucher.

@nFighter i will talk to myBadStudios and see if i can make some actions for the login.
For the other assets we will see what can be done.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2018, 02:32:15 AM »
Hi,

Stepping in and backing up MyBadStudio, Lane and Djaydino on behalf of HutongGames.

Lane, and Djaydino, have always been outstanding, exceptional, and respectfull members of our community, and part of the team to help us provide support for our members.

Djaydino would have to pay for ANY product from the Asset Store, even if it's to provide Support for PlayMaker. The ONLY person who can break this rule, is the publisher. This is the rule with per seat license, that's it.

In almost 7 years of working with PlayMaker, I have to say, I can't remember any publishers having been reluctant in giving out a voucher or help out to get PlayMaker Support, so there is almost a 100% chance that if you contact a publisher to try and provide PlayMaker support, the response will be positive and constructive.

If the publisher is not willing to help out for whatever reason ( deprecated, not interested, too expensive to give away), then the best option is to pay the developer the cost of purchasing the asset on top of the cost of providing support for PlayMaker.

It's important to respect the work of others, NEVER give away to developers what's not yours and always contact respective Authors first and enquire about what can be done for providing PlayMaker support. We work continuously with Publisher, helping them out with PlayMaker support, either for them to include actions as part of their official build, or via the ecosystem and forum/wiki.

So we always welcome members asking for support for such and such assets, but IT HAS TO BE FAIR and respectful of all copyrights. The worlds is too small to start messing around with this, it will backfire, so play fair, and things are going to be great :)

Bye,

Jean

« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:32:06 AM by jeanfabre »