playMaker

Author Topic: FSMs not available! Unplayable Scene  (Read 2371 times)

connor

• Playmaker Newbie
FSMs not available! Unplayable Scene
« on: April 30, 2018, 04:19:06 PM »
I just tried to open a project after not opening for a while but could not get it to play my scene.  I originally created the project in Unity 2017.3.0f3.  I contacted Unity support because I was not able to open the project in the same version anymore, and they told me to download the new beta (2018.2.0b2).  This worked! I was able to open the project.  But now, I cannot play my scene or edit any of my FSMs.  I have attached pictures of what FSMs look like in the inspector and of my console.

This is probably the largest project I have ever created and I would really appreciate anyone who has any answers!  :D

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: FSMs not available! Unplayable Scene
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2018, 04:19:35 AM »
Hi.
I believe there are some critical changes on unity beta,
Best is to contact Alex or Jean to get access to playmaker beta.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 03:00:12 AM »
Hi,

Unity told you to open it with a beta version?!? this is really bad...  Unity beta are not stable nor supported properly by PlayMaker until it goes public, so this is not. a good idea indeed...

a project should that worked, will always work if you don't change the unity version with which you worked with it, so I would go back to the first step and chekc why this project doesn't work anymore.

also: you need to clear up all the errors, the first error is not related to PlayMaker. Unity and PlayMaker do not work properly until all errors from the Unity console are gone,

Bye,

Jean

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 10:03:59 AM »
Looks like you have some VRTK errors. You will need to check in with the VRTK people regarding version 2018, because I believe it is NOT supported in 3.2.0 out of the box (the asset store version). You would need to use the alpha version of 3.3.0 (which is actually pretty stable and recommended), and even then you might need to make some tweaks.

connor

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 01:07:31 PM »
I have tried everything but am not able to get it to work.  I am going to have to restart from scratch  :(  It's so strange that my project wouldn't even work in the editor version that it was created in.  Is there any way that I can at least recover the FSMs from my old project?

Thanks in advance,

-Connor

connor

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 01:15:48 PM »
Ok so I tried 1 more thing.  I completely deleted the VRTK folder and now I can run it! BUT none of the FSMs have any content.  All of the FSMs look like they do in the picture that I attached.  I can recreate all of the VRTK stuff later (it's better than restarting from scratch!).

Any way to recover these FSMs?

Thanks!