playMaker

Author Topic: Marble Run VR  (Read 5070 times)

richardh

• Junior Playmaker
Marble Run VR
« on: May 08, 2018, 08:27:42 AM »
This is a quick and dirty (and silent) YouTube video of a project I am working on using Playmaker, SteamVR and Unity3d.

Marble Run VR. The idea is to be able to build your own marble run track (in VR).
The scene allows you to build simple or hugely elaborate marble run tracks with single or many multiple marbles.

This is a vid of a real life marble run by way of example:

And below is the short vid of what I have done so far.

Once I have the basics done. I want to add many different types of object and pieces so that it will be possible to construct tracks like you see in the first video link (the real track). Not just cubes, but building blocks, marble lifts, inanimate objects like pencils, blocks, dominos, carousels, timers and a host of other features.

Like I say, this is a basic prototype.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 03:55:00 PM by djaydino »

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Marble Run VR
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 03:57:48 PM »
Hi,
Looks good.

I edited your post so the videos are visible :)

richardh

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 09:31:33 AM »
I need help with his project & another project I have in the works which I think could be a huge success and perfect for VR.
I have tried getting people interested in creating a small team but so far I've had no bites.

I'm not really capable of continuing these projects alone as I don't have the necessary skill set to see them through.

The Marble Run project is a sort of learning project stepping stone. My main VR project idea is the one that I am excited about IF I can get a small team together.

Failing that, I would like to find someone with a better set of skills and knowledge to take over the project(s).
I contacted  Cherry Pop Games (they created VR Pool and their latest title, VR soccer) and they actually said that they had already discussed (and loved)my project idea in their studio, but they have other projects in the pipeline.

Anyone interested in being in a small team and.or taking the idea/project on as their own can contact me. or post a forum reply here.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 03:15:08 PM »
Hi.
Maybe you could try with crowdfunding like Kickstarter, Indiegogo, Gogetfunding, Fig or GameLaunched?

You should check this post out, maybe it can give you some ideas :)

https://blogs.unity3d.com/2016/08/08/three-ways-to-raise-money-for-your-game/

richardh

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 08:19:07 AM »
I don't need to crowdfund. I just need a small team to help dev.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 09:33:51 AM »
Hi.
Ow sorry i misunderstood.

I am a freelancer, so i am interested if you wish you can mail me some more details :)

richardh

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 10:00:32 AM »
I'd like to hear from anyone interested in creating or joining a small team to develop a Unity3D, VR project.

tcmeric

• Beta Group
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2018, 10:10:25 AM »
You can join our slack channel and see what is up there. We have quite a few people doing VR projects with VR, especially VRTK. https://invite-playmaker-slack.herokuapp.com

richardh

• Junior Playmaker
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2018, 10:22:35 AM »
Thanks
Just Joined  ;)