playMaker

Author Topic: Bug at "Send Event" Action  (Read 2286 times)

Farwest

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
Bug at "Send Event" Action
« on: May 20, 2018, 12:37:18 PM »
I regularly use Send Event function for multiple purposes and I would like to report a wierd behaviour.

Summary: Send Event is not sending the Event correctly. Event (Global) is not received by the Object (Event is sent via Game Object variable). In a second test scene with same setting it receives, which is weird behaviour.
When Event is sent by Broadcast All, it is received by the Receiver correctly.

Details:
I have 2 Game Objects, one root object ("First Object"), another is child under a seperate root ("Second Object"). I Send Event from the First to the Second. Event is Global Event.

First Object:

Second one has "Get Owner" in Start State, and in a seperate state (without connection/transition from Start state), I have Global Event transition to the State2. I need to Send the Event to this State2.

Second Object (SpawnUnits Event should be active at the time I take this picture, because the Event is launched. But it is not active):

I tested this in a seperate scene, it works. Event finds its target. I wonder what could be the reasons that prevent the Event to reach its target.

djaydino

• Administrator
    • jinxtergames
Re: Bug at "Send Event" Action
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2018, 05:13:26 PM »
Hi.
I have not tested yet if this happens on my end also,
But for now if your targets fsm have the same fsm name.

Then you can set the 'Event Target' to "Game Object Fsm"
and place the fsm name (FSM for example)

Could you also let us know if the issue also persist if you use 'Event Target' to "Game Object Fsm"

and keep a backup from your project where the issue is.

Farwest

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2018, 07:32:58 AM »
Hi djaydino,
About your question,
No, target's fsm name is different.

Yes, I tested.
Same issue persists for "Event Target: Game Object FSM" too.

I confirm "Event Target: Broadcast All" is successfully working.

It is strange, I have 2 almost identical scenes with different names (only I have more buildings in working scene), in one of them it works with "Event Target: Game Object FSM", in another it doesn't.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2018, 02:50:19 AM »
Hi,

maybe your fsm name is slightly off, like a space at the end or a cap. I would double check.

Bye,

Jean

Farwest

• Beta Group
  • Junior Playmaker
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2018, 12:42:45 PM »
Hi jeanfabre,

I double checked for you although I was completely sure, and I confirm that I don't have any space at the end or a cap.

FSM is working, I hope the above pictures in the first messages are seen, as you may see there, Send Event state is Active and in Receiver FSM "Start" State is Active (showing the FSM is on), but Receiver State is inActive (not receiving the event), which this is the problem.

But as I told on the above, I repeat that when I Send Event with "Broadcast All", the Event is working and FSM is receiving the Event correctly. Therefore FSM is on and working.
Thanks.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 01:50:30 AM »
Hi,

ok, then the possible issue is timing.

Are you sending the event as soon as the scene is loaded or as soon as the object is created? there could be the need for a one frame delay in your logic.

have you tried this? like if the event fails once, what if you then try some time later to send the same event?

Bye,

Jean