playMaker

Author Topic: unity 2018.1.6f1 + Playmaker 1.9 +vuforia for playmaker[SOLVED]  (Read 10703 times)

jeanfabre

• Administrator
  • Official Playmaker Support
Re: unity 2018.1.6f1 + Playmaker 1.9 +vuforia for playmaker
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2018, 03:00:15 AM »
Hi,

ok, so you need to get all the latests ( vuforia, unity 2018 and the bridge from the ecosystem), and simply delete the offending file.

I just tested, and it works, if I add the PLAYMAKER_VUFORIA_7_2_20_OR_NEWER compile command. But you really can just delete the offending script and be done with it.

Bye,

Jean

Basti81

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2018, 05:03:41 AM »
Hi Jean,

I have the same problems with Unity 2018.2.14f1. All is fine, but when i install the playmaker vuforia package from the ecobrowser, i'm running into trouble.

You said, you have updated the package on the ecobrowser. You mean the Unity 2017 package or is there another one which i can't see at the moment?

In the ecobrowser i can only find Playmaker Vuforia Package for Unity5 and Vuforia Package for Unity2017.

Best regards
Sebastian

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2018, 06:50:36 AM »
Hi,

Please redownload the vufopria package ( 2017) from the Ecosystem, I fixed the editor system to detect the version, it will be easier for 2018 and newer versions of vuforia.

Bye,

Jean

Basti81

• Playmaker Newbie
Re: unity 2018.1.6f1 + Playmaker 1.9 +vuforia for playmaker[SOLVED]
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2018, 09:41:57 AM »
Hi again,

it worked a while, but now we have the same problems again. Why it worked for a while remains a mystery to us, we have not changed anything in the project. The Vuforia package does not seem to be running smoothly yet.

Our project:
Unity 2018.2.14 with current Vuforia and latest Playmaker Vuforia Package (2017) from the Ecosystem.

We also tried all suggested solutions several times including the compile command PLAYMAKER_VUFORIA_7_2_20_OR_NEWER and also the deletion of the relevant scripts VuforiaSetPersistExtendedTracking and VuforiaGetExtendedTracking.

Mostly this one:
Assets/PlayMaker Vuforia/Actions/VuforiaGetExtendedTracking.cs(34,3): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `IEditDataSetBehaviour' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Need urgent help, we have a current project which depends on the Playmaker / Vuforia connection.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 09:45:42 AM by Basti81 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2018, 12:58:26 AM »
Hi,

uhm... it's unlikely that things get out of control without something happenning inside your project.

-- do you work in team, maybe someone touched something?

-- simply delete the offending file, it's an obsolete action anyway.

If you delete the VuforiaGetExtendedTracking, what error do you get next? If it mention the same file, Unity needs a bump to refresh its asset database.

-- are you sure you have auto compiling mode on in Unity

Bye,

Jean

Basti81

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2018, 03:26:31 PM »
Hi Jean,

thanks for the quick response and sorry for the slow on my part, I think that is due to the time difference, sit here in Germany ;-)

Currently it seems to work, have played through all the solutions again.

My problems before were as follows:

I am currently working on the project alone and the autocompile mode is also activated. The only thing I have changed on the already without problems running project (I could even generate a bugfrieen build!), I have disabled the preview play mode of Vuforia in the inspector, since I currently have no webcam here in use to test. When I ran the scene in play mode, all the problems returned immediately. With problems I mean actually only the two scripts, VuforiaSetPersistExtendedTracking.cs and VuforiaGetExtendedTracking.cs. As soon as I delete one of the two as proposed, new error messages will be added.

The error messages in the exact wording.

1. If I leave both mentioned scripts in the project:

Assets / PlayMaker Vuforia / Actions / VuforiaSetPersistExtendedTracking.cs (29,13): error CS1061: Type `Vuforia.ObjectTracker 'does not contain a definition for` PersistExtendedTracking' and no extension method `PersistExtendedTracking 'of` Vuforia.ObjectTracker' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

2. If I delete the SetPersist script:

Assets / PlayMaker Vuforia / Actions / VuforiaGetExtendedTracking.cs (34,3): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `IEditDataSetBehaviour 'could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

3. If I also delete the GetExtended script:

Could Not Create Action: [missing Owner]: ExtendedTracking Model Swap: Check Extended Tracking: VuforiaGetExtendedTracking (Maybe the script was removed?)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData:CreateAction(Context, Int32) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/ActionData.cs:839)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData:LoadActions(FsmState) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/ActionData.cs:776)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:LoadActions() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:123)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:InitData() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1745)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmErrorChecker:DoCheckFsmForErrors(Fsm) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmGraphView.cs:2459)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmErrorChecker:DoCheckForErrors() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmGraphView.cs:2347)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmErrorChecker:Update() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmGraphView.cs:2332)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor:Update() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditorGUILayout.cs:566)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorWindow:Update() (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs:276)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

Nevertheless it seems to work and I can build a working build.

It should also be mentioned that up to and including Unity 2017.4 I never had any problems with your Vuforia Package (2017), it was always great and was set up quickly! Only when changing to Unity 2018 the problems started.

Thank you for your work so far, you guys are really great and I love you and playmaker!  :-)

Many Greetings
Sebastian
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 03:49:08 PM by Basti81 »

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2018, 12:36:35 AM »
Hi,

you need the 2017 version, not the 5 version

Bye,

Jean

Basti81

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2018, 04:33:28 AM »
Hi Jean,

yes I know, I always use the playmaker Vuforia Packackge (Unity 2017). However, it looks like the Ecobrowser always downloads both packages directly as soon as I just want to install the Unity2017 variant.
Could that possibly cause problems?

See also the attached screenshot from the Ecobrowser, only the Unity 2017 package by itself I can not install, it always directly both packages are installed.

Anyway, currently it is running despite the error messages and I can also create builds without errors.

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2018, 12:49:08 AM »
Hi,

Both package turning green is fine, it's because they reference the same thing internaly, but the code is different ( one of the thing that the next version of ecosystem should do better I agree)

It's odd, cause here I can't reproduce this, so there is likely a problem of communication. Can you try a fresh project?

Bye,

Jean

Basti81

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2018, 06:09:59 AM »
Hi Jean,

with a fresh new project i get these errors if i delete the two mentioned scripts:

Could Not Create Action: [missing Owner]: ExtendedTracking Model Swap: Check Extended Tracking: VuforiaGetExtendedTracking (Maybe the script was removed?)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData:CreateAction(Context, Int32) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/ActionData.cs:839)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.ActionData:LoadActions(FsmState) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/ActionData.cs:776)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState:LoadActions() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:123)
HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm:InitData() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1745)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmErrorChecker:DoCheckFsmForErrors(Fsm) (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmGraphView.cs:2459)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmErrorChecker:DoCheckForErrors() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmGraphView.cs:2347)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmErrorChecker:Update() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmGraphView.cs:2332)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditor:Update() (at C:/Projects/Playmaker_1.9.0/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/Classes/FsmEditorGUILayout.cs:566)
HutongGames.PlayMakerEditor.FsmEditorWindow:Update() (at Assets/PlayMaker/Editor/FsmEditorWindow.cs:276)
UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions()

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2018, 01:16:03 AM »
Hi,

ok, that's because you are using this action in your fsm, that's already not an issue with the packaging.

Bye,

Jean

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2018, 02:07:54 AM »
Hi,

I just triple checked again.

Bye,

Jean

Basti81

• Playmaker Newbie
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2018, 03:36:01 AM »
Hi,

it's working now, completly without errors. My problem was that there was an old template in the vuforia playmaker package (not created by me). See the attached screen.

After deleting this template all works fine!

Thanks a lot for your help and for the quick responses!

Best regards
Sebastian

jeanfabre

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2018, 06:59:29 AM »
Hi,

Cool :)

Bye,

Jean